Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Txting some1 in Australia

• 09-10-2002 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

My girlfriend is has gone to Australia,now according to information on the web t should be easy for her to text me and vice-versa although it is not!I am o2 and she is vodafone is there any1 who can help?Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ya try usin the o2.ie website they claim that you can send txt msgs to anywhere in the world, ya know the 500 free a month thing, it sends to all networks in ireland so thats vodaphone included, have send loads to 087's. So have a look see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Snip182
    My girlfriend is has gone to Australia,now according to information on the web t should be easy for her to text me and vice-versa although it is not!I am o2 and she is vodafone is there any1 who can help?Thanks

Yep, get the latest version of ICQ, you can send and receive sms through the actual application, it's fecking great! Not sure what the coverage is like in Australia but i'm sure if she's on a vodafone network it's covered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Just to warn you some of the OZ networks do not accept incoming international text (or let you send them) if she can text you, you are probably ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by sirlinux
    Just to warn you some of the OZ networks do not accept incoming international text .

They don't?? Damn these backward countries! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Theres Something with the French, South African and Australian Phone networks that wont allow incoming SMS's, I dont really know what all thats about.

Ring their Customer Care and ask them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,524 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Theres Something with the French, South African and Australian Phone networks that wont allow incoming SMS's, I dont really know what all thats about.
    I text a friend of mine in Melbourne quite regularly, no problems. Not sure what network she is on, though.....

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

If she sets up on the optus Network she cant (international)incoming or out going text go Vodafone there really good over ther and they have free voice messageing if you have credit or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Try dwnloading ICQ. The SMS feature in that is supposed to work with any network. I never use it but a mate swears by it and i think he txts his sis in Australia.

Advertisement