Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

disk resize

• 09-10-2002 12:49pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

I have a hard drive here that has only one partition (1GB) on it with the rest of the space unassigned (7GB).
    My question is, is there any way I can resize the primary partition with out using partition magic or a similar program. That is unless someone here can provide me with a free program that can do it.

Please help.
    I'm only a poor student in an IT department with to much work and not enough intrest.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There's tonnes around, but I can't remember the name of them :p. Best thing is just to create a second 6 gig partition (or two 3 gigs)......

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I just want to resize the primary, because it has nt on it and alot of stuff that i can't afford to lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

[I'll not tell you what I read the thread subject as by mistake :D]

I don't know if abandonware is legit, but this website was already posted by someone. Have a look at:

http://users.pandora.be/azone/appz.htm

Anyway, have a look at linux websites, cause many have repartitioning info..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

something like partition magic should do the trick, not sure if the demo works with ntfs formatted drives tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

if ur using win2k or winxp u can do it
    using disk manager from machine management console

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by GUI_XP
    if ur using win2k or winxp u can do it
    using disk manager from machine management console

AFAIK, it's not possible to do it to the drive containing the system root, and in any case it will destroy the data.. It's also the same thing that is found in NT4 anyway (as far as I remember), if that's the NT you have.

Advertisement