Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Idea! SHUTDOWN the politics forum!!

• 09-10-2002 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

The politcs forum has gotten out of hand

Brian and Kim have a point

Quote:

suggest that we close the politics thread until the Pro-British lobby here on boards learns to behave and accept the concern and thoughts of the People here in Ireland.

The Irish people have a vote and a voice and it should not be censored, forced out or oppressed.

This is a democratic society not some British monarchy where the Queen elects members to represent here and where a house of Lords has big influence on the people.

Why do the Pro-English people come on this site is it just to bitcch about Ireland?

Its now time the politics forum was shutdown forever.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

sorry, you're just TOO mad...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭JarJar blinks

Close politics

Good idea.

I second that thought.

There are too many people who have no knowledge of Irish culture, history or politics controling posts this place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Memo to self: Read Politics more often, it's full of people who are MAD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Originally posted by Keep on Trekin
    This is a democratic society...
    Really? Boards.ie is a democracy? Since when?

I was under the impression that it was an oligarchy controlled by the people who paid for the servers and bandwidth...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Heres a better idea. How about we ban the whole of NUI Galway and inform the users of boards from there the reasons why and the people who caused the ban. I'm sure the issues that we are experiencing will be sorted internally in NUI quite rapidally.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Idea! SHUTDOWN the politics forum!!

what a ridiculous statement
    get a life......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

how about creating a muppet forum where all these quite quite psychotic people can roam free, without fear of upsetting anyone and without the risk off banning. no need for any moderator, dev and co. can just pop in every now and again to make sure they all get fed and have not burnt anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

We did have one like that, it was the Recycle Bin before someone made it read only.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Actually I have an idea, lets not close politics, now, now, stay with me, see I realise 'they' are controlling everything and I have been basing a slightly recursive algorithm on how to break 'their' tyrannical reign.... here is an exceprt from my personal memoires on how to smash their party structure
    [size=1]
    if exists (select * from dbo.sysobjects where id = object_id(N'[Addresses_Bod_Extract]') and OBJECTPROPERTY(id, N'IsUserTable') = 1)
    drop table [Addresses_Bod_Extract]
    GO
    SELECT * into Addresses_Bod_Extract from Addresses 
    if exists(select * from dbo.sysobjects where id = object_id(N'[Contact_Parse]') and OBJECTPROPERTY(id,N'IsProcedure') =1)
    drop procedure [Contact_Parse]
    GO
    Create Procedure Contact_Parse
    AS
    DECLARE
    	@Pkid integer,
    	@Name varchar(200),
    	@Bifecation_one varchar(200),
    	@Bifecation_two varchar(200),
    	@Len integer,
    	@Iterated integer,
    	@Matched integer

Declare Parse_Cursor Cursor for
    	Select Pkid,Name
    		From Addresses where Addresstype = 'chq'

OPEN Parse_Cursor
    	FETCH Parse_Cursor INTO @Pkid,@Name
    	WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0
    	BEGIN

SELECT @LEN=len(@Name),@Iterated=1,@Matched=0
    			WHILE @Iterated<@Len and @Matched=0
    				BEGIN
    					IF UPPER(SUBSTRING(@Name,@Iterated,3)) = 'A/C'
    						BEGIN	
    							SELECT @Bifecation_one=SUBSTRING(@Name,@Iterated,@Len)
    							SELECT @Iterated=@Len-@Iterated,@Matched=1
    							SELECT @Bifecation_two=SUBSTRING(@Name,1,@Iterated)
    						END
    					ELSE
    						BEGIN
    							SELECT @Iterated=@Iterated+1
    						END
    					IF @Matched=1
    						BEGIN
    							--print 'have these values to insert ' + ISNULL(convert(varchar,@Bifecation_one),' error name is null')
    							--print 'have these values to insert ' + ISNULL(convert(varchar,@Bifecation_two),' error contact is null')
    							UPDATE Addresses_Bod_Extract Set Name=@Bifecation_two where Pkid=@Pkid
    							UPDATE Addresses_Bod_Extract Set Contact=@Bifecation_one where Pkid=@Pkid
    						END
    				END
    			IF @Matched=0
    				BEGIN
    					--So since the Contact field should have A/C [accountnumber] if our data hasn't met this criteria we nuke it bhawhahahahahaha
    					UPDATE Addresses_Bod_Extract Set Contact=NULL where Pkid=@Pkid
    				END	
    		FETCH Parse_Cursor INTO @Pkid,@Name
    	END
    CLOSE Parse_Cursor
    DeAllocate Parse_Cursor
    GO
    EXEC Contact_Parse
    [/size]

So you see the ruse.... if that is what it really is MUST be maintained ... if only for a short time.... so they don't think we're paranoid.... MI8 would be watching.... if they existed......

Fear not brave forum breakers.... all is under way.... just keep wearing your duly assigned tin foil hats and a representative of the Tom Cruise chapter of the scientologists will come around so we can escape this dejected orb of hypocracy and knavery to the planet of the father.

Hail to the chief
    P & Q.
    P therefore Q.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Yes!! Close it down! People in there are saying things I don't agree with so it must be shut down for ever!! Longer if possible!!

And if I don't get my way I'm going to stick out my lower lip and hold my breath until I get sick!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by Keep on Trekin
    This is a democratic society not some British monarchy where the Queen elects members to represent here

Who does the queen of England (can never say 'the queen' - she's not our queen) elect to represent who? As far as I know, she elects nobody.. except maybe her dog psychiatrist (I read she was given an anti-rape alarm to stop them when they're fighting).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Is it just me or does anyone else think Keep on Trekin', Kim Tae Woo, Jar Jar and Brian Benette were cloned from the same cell? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The problem is a vegetable cell was used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Well if theres an upside to this (apart from the obvious entertainment factor of course), its that its made me work out how to un-ignore typedef. Hiya typey :P

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

heheh.. much thanks to TwoSheds and Venom for a genuinely good laugh on a Wednesday night!

DeV.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Can I second the "muppet forum" you could call it "ranting muppets"?

or maybe not.

untill reading the admin page, I had no idea how many muppets use boards.ie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Marie FRANCE

Originally posted by Shazbat

Shutdown the politics forum

I second that

[/url]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    how about creating a muppet forum where all these quite quite psychotic people can roam free, without fear of upsetting anyone and without the risk off banning. no need for any moderator, dev and co. can just pop in every now and again to make sure they all get fed and have not burnt anything.

Yes, and also ban said muppets from every other board.
    Everyones a winner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Typedef
    blah

You truly are a cabbage.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

ban .logic.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

ban everyone and only leave kim tae wooohoooo brian bennet marie clare jar jar(i started the clone wars)blinks. then who will have the last laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tiger Celt

It's only British soo cheer up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

How to argue like Kim Tae Woo!
    http://members.tripod.com/~Dimitry/barney2.wav

..moneyback guarantee not guaranteed.

zynaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Murphys

great

Advertisement