Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

am I surprised this board needs 3 mods.

Options
  • 09-10-2002 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

No!

Its very hard to keep it from degenerating into the vacous tribal muppetry that is soc.culture.irish

I suggest that some of the more recently vociferous members piss off back there where they will get the level of debate they thouroughly deserve.

Well intercepted that one Swiss, I see you are now intent on showing what a moderated discussion is as distinct from an unmoderated usenet flamefest .

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I would ask you not to tell the vociferous members to piss off please. Remember just because some people resort to name calling and insults doesn't mean that the rest of the boards population should.
    I see you are now intent on showing what a moderated discussion is as distinct from an unmoderated usenet flamefest
    That's my intention. I don't want to censor debate, or viewpoints, just moderate the manner in which they are expressed. I'm not always the most "politically correct" person, but muppetry is muppetry.

Anyway, since I don't think it's appropriate to discuss moderation techniques in politics, I'll have to lock this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement