Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reason for voting No

Options
  • 09-10-2002 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Whats the main reason you'd vote NO!

Reason for voting No? 10 votes

Ireland voted No 1st time around.
    0% 0 votes
    Less power for small nations.
    50% 5 votes
    Enhanced Co-Operation (And I don't like it)
    30% 3 votes
    Neutrallity Issue.
    0% 0 votes
    Neutrallity Issue.
    10% 1 vote
    Opposed to EU to begin with.
    0% 0 votes
    I'm Voting YES
    10% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Paulg

On the poll, the 2nd "Neutrallity Issue" should be "East European countries soaking up most of the EU grants"

Don't know what happened while i was creating it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

I tried a poll like this before and Swiss put an end to it :(

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64857

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Indeed. I am actually getting unbelievably sick of Nice now. I'll let this one go (no offence to your thread PH01 :) ) cause I've got enough to mod at the moment, and I just don't care.

Spam away lads*

*do not spam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

1. Ireland isn't getting any more money from the EU so I'm voting 'NO'!
    2. If there is a 'Yes' vote, Ireland will be flooded with immigrants!
    3. Irish troops part of a EU Army? 'No' thanks!
    4. Say 'No' to the EU applicants
    5. I'm voting 'No', because the government is asking me for a 'Yes' vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

I'm also sick of this Nice debate thing. I'll be voting Yes, I believe it'll be passed by a large margin, so I'll not engage in any more debate...

But I will sign off on the most compelling reason to Vote YES (received in an email during the week):

Why settle for Sinead: 26, from Drumshambo, Leitrim. 32a, 36, 28
    <Picture of Sinead>
    When you could have Petra: 26, from Tallinn, Estonia. 34c, 28, 36
    <Picture of Petra>

SO, YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO ON OCTOBER 19.

The case, as they say, is made.

;););)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Oh good ReefBreak, you've moved on from calling the entire No side stupid (just like most of the Eurocrats) to "I fancy Ms Estonia".

I don't know how the vote will go, I do know that I have to vote my concience and vote for what I think is best for Ireland, that is my duty as a citizen of this nation and I intend to carry it out to the best of my ability, that means trying to convince Yes voters and undecided voters to vote against the Treaty, because that is what I believe in. I will be arguing this right up to balloting and probably after balloting too, because I think this vote is too important to simply let it lie and I find the notion that the so called Yes side thinks the topic too boring is frankley indicative of the entire arrogant and presumptious brovado, that lost the last Referendum for the Yes side.

So nothing about the Treaty has changed and nothing about the arrogant attitude of the Yes campaign has changed, I hope for the sake of Irish soveringty, uniqueness and democracy that the Nice Treaty is defeated again and the people's decision is respected and acted upon.

Regards
    Typedef.

Advertisement