Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

utv not on!

• 09-10-2002 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Thank you for your recent e-mail enquiring why UTV is no longer available on
    Sky Digital in the Republic of Ireland.
    This decision was taken by the ITV network without our agreement. Obviously,
    we are very disappointed that this has happened. We, like Sky, very much
    want UTV to be available for satellite viewers in the Republic.
    Despite this ITV decision, we will continue to work with them to make UTV
    available on satellite as quickly as possible, so viewers throughout Ireland
    can enjoy the same choice of viewing on satellite that they currently enjoy
    via cable and terrestrial TV.
    We appreciate when viewers take the time to let us know their views, as your
    comments are very important to us.
    Yours sincerely
    Orla McKibbin
    Head of Press and PR - UTV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Leesider

I (and many other forum contributors) received this exact same message word-for-word a few months back when ITV was blocked.

It's nothing new - just a standard press release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 potoole

Thank you for your recent e-mail enquiring why UTV is no longer available on

I may be wrong but I'm betting that the wording of your recent e-mail was not enquiring why UTV is "no longer available", rather it was just why it was not available. Its a copy and paste job which is typical, which they didn't even have the decency to update so it makes sense.

It's actually the exact e-mail that many of us got several months ago when ITV was first blocked here.

Strange that as Orla has replied to several posters her in the following months with more individually tailored answers.
    Some have even spoken to her on the phone in recent months.

She must be on holidays or summat and others , new to this plucked that reply out of the file.
    mm

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, in fairness, Orla does usually give much better replies and it's a shame that other TV companies don't follow suit (especially C4)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭TinMan

Its more than likely not from Orla herself but someone else using her name at the end. This is typical of the responses I get. Only recently I got this response, signed by Orla but actually sent by
    "Nicola Bothwell" <nbothwell@utvplc.com>

"Thank you for your email enquiring about UTV's availability on Sky in the
    Republic of Ireland.

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you on this yet as our
    negotiations continue with programme rights holders regarding retransmission of their programmes via UTV in the South.

Please be assured that we are doing all we can at UTV to ensure a positive solution and we appreciate your on-going interest in our availability on Sky.

Kind regards

Orla McKibbin
    Head of Press and PR, UTV":confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement