Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odyssey 5

Options
  • 09-10-2002 11:07pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What are peoples of impressions - it's a SciFi show that just started on Sky 1.
    - Fairly flimsy time-travel plot device that starts it out but it has some good acting and an X-files type storyline.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The pilot seemed to drag out for ages, and didnt really go anywhere - the story could have been set in half the time. Maybe the series will be better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

I know it had to set the scene, and it assumes audiences are dumb, but I though the pilot gave too much away, we already know about the AI, the dna/gene experiments, etc, etc, the next show (shown last night on Sky 1) was better, but too much of the story was revealed in the pilot,
    Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

There is no doubt that way to much of the plot was revealed in the first two episodes , I mean is there anything left that we dont know??.Also the story is weak , in the sense that the charachters
    dont seem to question whats happening to them I dont see how this is going to last for "5 years" .A bit of a let down:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

My GOD it's terrible. One of the poorest sci-fi debuts I've seen since, er, Mutant X. And the less said about THAT the better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

HHmmm...It wasn't to bad in my opinion. I've read the synopsis for the rest of the series and it does look like it improves a bit.
    One thing I will say is that it borrows way to much from Sci-fi progs like Firstwave and Invasion of the body snatchers...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭DrizztIE

Originally posted by Shinji
    My GOD it's terrible. One of the poorest sci-fi debuts I've seen since, er, Mutant X. And the less said about THAT the better.

TRUE TRUE

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Im watching it anyway.. im in front of the TV for Stargate so i might as well.. its not terrible, i dont think its as bad as Mutant X was when it first came on air.. actually that in itself seems to be a little better.. but not by much.

Anyway Odyssey is not bad... there was a funny ep recently where they bassically took the piss out of the whole idea.. they needed info about some problem where they were loosing their memory back to what it was 5 years ago (i.e. what it should be in this time frame). So they went to a sci fi author and pretended it was a movie idea... he took it apart at how impossibly stupid it was. even how a shuttle in low earth orbit managed to survive the destruction of an entire planet.. i thought it was very funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭GiMiC

Originally posted by Saruman
    Im watching it anyway.. im in front of the TV for Stargate so i might as well

Same with myself, although if the remainder of this season of Stargate is as crap as it has been up til now, I might just give up. Odyssey 5 seems to be pretty good so far though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭DrizztIE

Last night show was a bit confusing at first, but when I realised that the guy was a Tour Guide then I realised he was just reminding the Odyssey 5 crew - that - "They're past always creeps up on you." So then I just put 1&1 together and I just enjoyed the rest of the show... :D

Advertisement