Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnness Dublin Date Announced

Options
  • 10-10-2002 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

The first invite only Witnness gig will take place at the Ambassador theatre on November 17. Line up is still unconfirmed. The gig is one of four - the others taking place in Belfast (Dec.), Cork (Feb.) and Galway (Mar.).

All gigs will be broadcast live 2FM (yeah, right does anybody under 40 listen to 2FM) and a week later on TV3.

Admission is by invite only and you register via the witnness.com web site. Yep, you you have to flog all your personal info to a major multi-national corporation but such is life!!

http://www.witnness.com/wl_wintickets.php?event=dublin

Don't forget to tell 'em we sent you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

Careful Brian,you don't want to be done for a slandering the worst radio station in Ireland!!!

Anyways...speculation on who is going to play????

Alot of people(including meself!!) think it might be David Gray...
    He's playing 14th,15th and 16th with no gig pencilled in for the 17th!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

I taught that it was going to be one of the 6 bands that they asked you to choose from.
    Personally I want it to be QOTSA although I don't think I would go if it was anybody else, couldn't sit through the sugababes.

Niall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

My humble apologies to 2FM ... wouldn't want to cause any coronary arrests out in Donnybrook. Having said that, when the age of your DJs is approaching your frequency you know you're in trouble!! Anyway, the failure of 2FM as a "yoof" station is probably a debate for another board.

On the Witnness gig, I would doubt and would be very disappointed if it was David Gray. Not that there is anything wrong with David but his appearance would hardly be something special given that he has already played to three capacity crowds in the Point. Hopefully, it will be somebody that hasn't graced these shores in a while and/or is pretty darn new. Plus I hope that they will make sure that there is some good local support in there as well.

What were the six bands they asked you to choose from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

the bands listed were, Atomic Kitten, Ms Dynamite, Queens of the Stone Age, Cold Play, Ja Rule and Royksopp.

I taught that the Sugababes were in there, but I must have gotten them confused with Atomic Kitten ( Is there really any difference between the two anyway ).

It just asks the question, "Whats more likely to be found in your stereo?" or something like that, then it gives you the choice of the six above.

I am not a big fan of Queens of the Stone Age, but the other five ( yes including Coldplay ) are just god awful in my opinion.

Niall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

the difference between the sugababes and atomic kitten in my opinion is that I could sit through the former's gig. Mind you, I'd just be looking at Heidi Range, the little minx!

Reckon that choice they give is just for some sort of corporate research crap...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

hmm, i lvoe the sugababes, i think theyre great, yes im being serious.
    that'd be a good line up though for me, coz id like to see coldplay and ms dynamite, and im sure i could check out royksopp, QOTSA and ja rule. i owuldnt even mind seeing atomic kitten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

Wouldn't mind seeing Nina Hynes as support...she's playing Whelans on the 20th...should be a good night....I have the Monday off!!!!!! Let the wine pour!!!!!

Advertisement