Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom SMS

Options
  • 10-10-2002 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if Eircom have enabled SMS for those new phones they've brought out. It was supposed to go live in September.

Also does anyone know how much the text msgs will cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

rumour has it is working, and even if you dont have one of those phones, and someone texts your landline you get a text to speech thing in your eircom mailbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Their advertising said it was to be launched in September so I assume its working, I don't know anyone with that phone though, a bit steeply priced for a home phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭arkles

if one has signed upto utv internet + utv phone calls, can eircom messaging from their new homes phones be available ? or does one have to stay with eircom for phone calls ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

its been working since i got it, and we werent billed for sending any sms yet.. afaik they are 10c each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Yes it is also you will not be billed until the launch

also to activate the SMS you must first send a text to recieve one

• Advertisement
Advertisement