Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EsatBt

• 10-10-2002 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got one ot these new lines , that were brought in ?

512/256 20/1

If so , how are they working for you ? worth getting ? etc
    im looking for people who got the house lines for personnel
    use.

I heard they are coming into galway City in the next 6 weeks
    @ 270 per quarter , which isnt bad at all considering . Im thinking
    that 4 comps per line shouldnt be a problem , should it ?
    ( for Online gaming mostly )

Anyone any more info for me plz ?
    Or any views ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

they exist in Limerick and Cork(only this week)

see the Irelandoffline or Net/Comms forums

in Galway they are still vapourware but will operate to the same standard as the Limerick ones whihc have been installed a few months now, see what the Limerick people say.

Expect the first hookups in Galway before Christmas. These will be custumers of CK electronic. Direct customers will ahve a lower priority I have heard.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

http://www.galway.net/

There is an information evening on next thursday (17-10-02) in the Radisson in Galway. Details on the site above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

We have just signed up for the DSL line with EsatBT (Cybercafe). Details are as follows...

They have 3 exchanges in Galway - Citycenter, Mervue and I'm not sure about the third. Prices are as follows....

512K down 256K up €90pm
    1M down 256K up €205pm
    2M down and 256K up €400pm

All are flat rate and there is a setup fee of €125 (which is being waved).

Trials start in October (give or take 19 working days for Eircoms end). The trial is for 1 month and then they are taking perm subscriptions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Thanks for the info guys.

Ive checked the Irelandoffline forum , no real info I could find
    about the gaming end of it.....

I meen it I think it should work but , I suppose Im really looking for someone to tell me IT WILL WORK defo...

Anyway Ill keep looking , maybe they will tell me something good on thursday.

: )

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

They have 3 exchanges in Galway - Citycenter, Mervue and I'm not sure about the third. Prices are as follows....

Actually, its just the city center one (behind the GPO in Eglington St) and the Mer-voo exchanges.

The glaring ommission is the Shantalla exchange, apparently it's full to the roof with Eircom gear, most of which is redundant, from what I've been told...

• Advertisement
Advertisement