Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clean up on aisle 4!

• 10-10-2002 7:09pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Damn I thought they were going to come back today and let us poke more fun at them. But they havent and its not really fun making faces at mad people.

Anyway, most of them have been banned except Keep On Trekkin who seems to have a perfectly reasonably history except where Politics is concerned. So I've banned him from there.

I've set some options on the sign up too so we'll have more control on re-signups.... its a bit more work but its less then having to clean up after children.

I doubt its actually NUIG they are using at all btw.... previous posts from these kidiots have used proxies to hide their ips...
    I think thats probably whats happening here too.

I dunno if someone thinks its funny to do this sort of thing, but its getting old. For the moment, I've moderated signups which means fewer genuine people maybe but fewer muppets too.

You can thank whoever is behind these trolls (who else would know about Gamire and ErrorCom?). Shame really.

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by DeVore
    I dunno if someone thinks its funny to do this sort of thing, but its getting old. For the moment, I've moderated signups which means fewer genuine people maybe but fewer muppets too.

Ack. I know its probably only for a short time Dev, but thats letting them win. They dont give a toss about boards, but everyone else does. Moderating sign ups just puts ppl off if they have to wait too long :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

And You people thought of me as a muppet. One of these days ill have less posts per day then dahamsta and then you wont even be able to call me a spammonkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

you are a muppet. Your just a fairly sane muppet.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Currently its post moderated ie: I'm just alerted to new users and can keep an eye on them.

Anyway, I'm more patient then they are, they'll get bored and wander off in search of shiny things soon...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Your just lucky the personality in control at the moment can type.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Originally posted by DeVore
    Anyway, I'm more patient then they are, they'll get bored and wander off in search of shiny things soon...

lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tiger Celt

Nice try

but

Fvckin Idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Originally posted by 8cidCrashandBurN
    Nice try

but

Fvckin Idiots

Oh N0e He H4c|<3d T3H G1B5on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

tsk tsk

how did that thing get 9 posts in ??

i say again

tsk tsk

Tiger Muppet

on ,further examination i can see how 9 posts were reached

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

the posts would sortof been funny if they guy wasn't obviously insane. Or at least the most annoying person on earth (and I do include Boston and Typedef in that :D).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

You know ordinarily I'd insult you now, but since you seem to be swinging towards a No vote on Nice, you can pass the Daz doorstep challenge for the moment.

http://www.no2nice.org.
    Do not let the process of Irish Referenda become subservient to a Supra National Federalist edict. Requantify Ireland's democratic voice and vote No the the Nice Treaty.

Cuidado con el gato baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Boston - having a lot of posts or a high average post count doesn't make you a spammer. Posting a lot of irrelevant or annoying tripe does (... probably even more so when, like Typie here, you put it in your post rather than your signature so that people who have sigs turned off still get to see it ...)
    Originally posted by Typedef

http://www.no2nice.org.
    Do not let the process of Irish Referenda become subservient to a Supra National Federalist edict. Requantify Ireland's democratic voice and vote No the the Nice Treaty.

Cuidado con el gato baby

Spammer :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Bard
    Boston - having a lot of posts or a high average post count doesn't make you a spammer. Posting a lot of irrelevant or annoying tripe does (... probably even more so when, like Typie here, you put it in your post rather than your signature so that people who have sigs turned off still get to see it ...)

Spammer :p

let..........it..............go...............

If I could ..... just..... move... my ...... arm...... ejector seat..... difficult .... to .... reach...... must...... concentrate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Push.....................the.............poo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by Bard
    Boston - having a lot of posts or a high average post count doesn't make you a spammer.

You're only saying that because you have 5000+ posts and average over 5 a day.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Originally posted by Typedef
    You know ordinarily I'd insult you now, but since you seem to be swinging towards a No vote on Nice, you can pass the Daz doorstep challenge for the moment.
    Cuidado con el gato baby

Ah shucks... I knew we'd agree on something eventually :)

http://www.no2justinbarrett.org http://www.no2nice.org

Originally posted by meglome
    Ah shucks... I knew we'd agree on something eventually :)

http://www.no2justinbarrett.org http://www.no2nice.org

Tiocfaidh ar la, what ho old boy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Makaveli
    You're only saying that because you have 5000+ posts and average over 5 a day.

:D

wrong :p

Advertisement