Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NetSmart Vs UTV

Options
  • 11-10-2002 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Having read the discussions on this topic, it seems to me that UTV probably is the better option.

Is that the general feeling?

If one signs up for the phone service also, how does it work?

Do you need a box connected to the socket like EsatBT home phone service?

Ro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Personally, I am very happy with the UTV service at the moment. Can't speak for anyone else. But you gotta give them some extra kudos, for coming onto the Ireland Offline forum to try to change the product to suit our needs. Ok, so they're out to make a profit like everyone else, still I didn't see anyone form NetSmart coming on.
    Originally posted by Ro-76

Just give them your eircom account number on-line.

nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Ro-76
    Having read the discussions on this topic, it seems to me that UTV probably is the better option.

Is that the general feeling?

Yes. I've clocked up about 80 hours on UTV now and its worked grand. You get some of the normal issues like busy lines and ive had a connection drop on me a couple of times but after reading the UTV thread I see they are adding more capacity to the network so these problems should be no more soon enough. Download/browsing speed is great too.

I cant really comment on Esats current service but if its the same as the nolimits service (which I can only presume it is) then it pales in comparison with UTV. Go for UTV, they seem to care a hell of a lot more about their customers than the other option.

No, to explain it a non-tech way (the only way I know) your account gets transferred over to UTV. Havent made any voice calls on the line yet so I cant comment.. but no, you dont need to install any special equiptment at your end.

Advertisement