Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

query about explosives

• 11-10-2002 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Just out of curiousity does anybody know where a person can get some squibs (the tiny explosives in movies that make it look like some one shot you)?

They would be fairly cool to have. Walk into restuarant one day with a freind and stage somthing witha cap gun

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

And get arrested in the process....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Mistakill

They would be fairly cool to have. Walk into restuarant one day with a freind and stage somthing witha cap gun

Yes, that would surely be comedy gold.
    How immature.
    I'm sure you can buy things like that on the net somewhere, do a search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

afaik squibs in films are all home made and you can't buy them. Tbh it would be funny to do with friends and if some people here loosened their arses a little they'd see it too, but but the restaurant thing would get you fairly arrested iaf :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

oe noe howe ghaey yuo childern.

id laugh anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

just use some good old fashioned 'red sauce'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I saw a very cool thing on Penn and Teller one day. They got a small milk container (the ones you get for single cups of coffee and tea in hotels etc - with the foil rip off thing?).

They had one in their left hand, a fork in the other and brought the fork up swiftly to their eye but put their left hand covering the milk portion between the fork and the eye. Squeezed the milk carton and it looked like they burst their eyeball, very funny but very very dangerous so don't try this yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Either "Maxim" or "Front" magazine (thanks for the reading Bubbs) have a feature on this in the current edition. Teh situation for the UK was that they can only be bought in the US, but you would need an importation licence and a usage licence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Just out of curiousity does anybody know where a person can get some squibs (the tiny explosives in movies that make it look like some one shot you)?

twat

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

exactly how is that cool?
    if I'm in a restaurant and am paying 80 odd euro for a meal, the last thing I want is some little knacker intrupting me :rolleyes:

*slaps Mistakill wrist for being silly*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

roffle *knacker* lols

You're going to end up horribly disfiguring yourself with that ****e tbh tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Snoop_froggy

Can i be the friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

Originally posted by eth0_
    I'm sure you can buy things like that on the net somewhere, do a search.

Searched on google before i posted this thread. Came up with zilch.

thanks for the feedback anyway though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    if I'm in a restaurant and am paying 80 odd euro for a meal
    I think he was thinking of his local burger joint ... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    exactly how is that cool?
    if I'm in a restaurant and am paying 80 odd euro for a meal, the last thing I want is some little knacker intrupting me :rolleyes:

*slaps Mistakill wrist for being silly*

If he did it in Dublin, probably one of the other customers would put a few rounds in him to make sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yeha, whereas in Galway you'd just get knifed/beat with a hurl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

While looking on the web for Halloweeny-stuff, I found this:

http://www.exposure.co.uk/eejit/blood/index.html

Bullet-hits without squibs. On that page, the author notes the danger of squibs if used incorrectly, and recommends this safer option; although, I agree with the others - you shouldn't do something like this in a public-restaurant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

"*slaps Mistakill wrist for being silly*"

dont he'd probably enjoy it!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

Originally posted by Magic Monkey
    While looking on the web for Halloweeny-stuff, I found this:

http://www.exposure.co.uk/eejit/blood/index.html

Bullet-hits without squibs. On that page, the author notes the danger of squibs if used incorrectly, and recommends this safer option; although, I agree with the others - you shouldn't do something like this in a public-restaurant!

thnxs. i think ill leave it so after reading that page.

i wouldnt actually go into a large restaurant like that, i d use a small cafe like the krusty place in galway Ard Bia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Down with this sort of thing! Careful now.

Advertisement