Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get yer MOJO running

Options
  • 12-10-2002 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

last night was my second time going to the mojo sessions. brown were headlining. the week previous wallmark were headlining. as well as these headliners there were also supports and guests plus residents alan and 'satch' introduce with bluesy country type stuff and follow up with a swinging jam session at the end until around 12:30.

The music both times has been of great quality and the atmosphere is very relaxed and friendly. Both times ive been, ive been made to feel really welcome.

The organiser of the sessions is Brendan Hickey who also runs a radio show called "on the verge". The objective of both the show and the sessions for Brendan is to help out the little guy. He will give musicians the chance that other organisations might not, even though the music is of high standard. Brendan only started the mojo sessions a short time ago but it seems to me to have already grasped a great vibe and stability.

The Mojo Sessions are on in the Lower Deck (behind portobello college) every thursday from around 9.

7 yoyos/5 with flyer or if student.

doris and faceless play next week.

i HIGHLY recommend going even to just check it out

oops....but i know it clashes with phantasm (sorry)...not too badly though, last night i went and then went to phantasm after. twas great craic.

for more information and to hear musicians who have played the mojo sessions in the past, visit: www.ontheverge.ie

Advertisement