Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

band wars @ voodoo last night

Options
  • 12-10-2002 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

hi
    anyone else go to band wars last nite, club was cool a lot of bodies this week.
    pinion won the grand prize, fingermouse came runners up. corrupt were robbed!

bye

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

Yea I was there, was a good laugh, pretty packed .. people seemed to leave very early tho, by the end it was almost totally empty!

Fingermouse were robbed, altho they WERE missing their lead singer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

I saw Fingermouse in DA2 last Sunday when they supported Johnny Pyro and they were great! I'd definately go see them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BEHOLD!

Yeah....Fingermouse shoulda won it.
    they blew all the other bands away....."Corrupted were robbed"...hahahaha!!! corrupted were woaful!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Its the opinion of two judges not all the people at the gig with these things. In my opinion all of the bands were great, I loved Sarcosis but Pinion played a stormer last night. Fingermouse were missing Gav. Corrupted were deadly and the judges had a toughie between them and Fingermouse for 2nd place. THese results were all based on on-the-night performance so its not a statement of a bands general quality. People power may be the only judge of this.

Club was great craic too. It was emptying after 2:30 but the dancefloor was jiving until the fader was pulled down on the last seconds of with or without you (last song of the night of course).

There was a lot of love in the venue, great buzz. Course I would say that but to be honest I wouldn't bother with this gig on my Friday night if I didn't think there was fun to be got from it!

Next week will be more fun n rockin n rollin again, attendance should be through the roof if the weekly increase continues at the same rate so a generous beer promotion may be on the horizon!

See yis there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i dont like fingermouse....but my criticism has no back up whatsoever, theyre friends of my ex so i hate them!!!!

ah no...they have a couple of good songs...there's a really funny song that they have? and the band dress up sometimes....but i thought most of their stuff was a bit bland (even though i was never allowed say that at the time with said ex)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

Must have been most evilly rawkus if corrupted were out rocked*tho i doubt it possible...*

even more annoyed that i couldn't make it_blody wqork callin me half hour before shift starts;there's me pissed on bavaria cheap aass beer_

jive thy jazz gents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭DG - Corrupted

We had a great time at the gig and hope everyone else enjoyed it too. To be honest, a lot of people said we were robbed and the word fix was thrown around quite a lot that night which I wasn't happy with. It was a fair competition and judged well. We didn't win because we weren't the best on the night. Simple as that. A lot of people said we played a stormer of a gig and that they really enjoyed us(thanks to those people) and we thought we did pretty well too. Thanks to Gigsmart and all the other bands who made it a really enjoyable night.

Dave form Corrupted

Advertisement