Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrading sound card

• 12-10-2002 1:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

i am currently using a sound blaster live value sound card with BA7500 if i upgrade my sound card will i experience any sound quality increase??if so what card would you recomend ,bearing in mind price

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The answer to this depends on what you use the card for, if games matter than the TerraTec DMX 6Fire LT would be a good bet Sterling price of £100ish. This card can handle surround sound in 4.1 and 5.1 set-ups. It can handle
    audio at up to 24 bit/96 Khz.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Sorry this is off-topic but just on that link you posted..
    (http://www.3dsoundsurge.com)

They must have some of the worst reviews I have ever read, in terms of writing legible paragraphs, knowledge, repetition... it honestly reads like it was translated from some half-technical foreign nerds writings... extremely painful reading (or maybe it was the white text on black background)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

well i use it for mainly for listening to mp3s @ around 192kbps i play alot of games and watch a few dvd but mainly i want clear loud music.kali the only reason i used that review is because it was the first one i came accross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Advertisement