Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Band Exchange program!

Options
  • 12-10-2002 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there!

My name is Kezza and I am a promoter in N.Ireland
    I am currently setting up a band exchange programme
    and looking for bands who are interested to join.

Basically Im looking for bands who are interested
    in doing gigs and mini tours over here in n.Ireland.
    My company does all the leg work, we orgainse your
    travel, cheap accomodation and a guarenteed ammount
    of gigs depending on the length of your stay.
    All we expect is that you'll help to return the
    favour.

If I've caught your attention, why don't you contact
    me at kezzano1@hotmail.com and I will forward all the
    info to you or you can check my website at

www.bout-ye.1me.net

Cheers,

Kezza.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

That's a brilliant idea..!!!

We'll swap you Aslan for Berkeley. We'll even throw in Picturehouse, how about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

LOL Silverfish, but I don't think that's what he means! (Nice try though)
    Cool idea Kezza. Do the bands get paid for gigs or do they pay to play? That's what's fuct up about here, bands get paid little or nothing for playing smaller venues...something very wrong there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

Originally posted by Silverfish
    That's a brilliant idea..!!!

We'll swap you Aslan for Berkeley. We'll even throw in Picturehouse, how about it?
    `
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahhahahahahahahahahahahaHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhhahahahahahahahaah........hahahahhahahhaahhahahahahHHAHHAHHAhahahahah

hahahahahahhaha

ahahahHAHHAHAHAHAHhahahahha....

..... ah aha ha ha .. what was I laughing at again? Oh yes that crippled Irishman ....hahahhHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahhahahahaha

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

No, here , look, we'll give you the Revs as well. No hassle.

This is a great idea, though. Its all exposure for bands, and sometimes doing gigs to far away from home can be daunting so having a bit of support would make it easier. And this means we could get cool bands from up there to down here as well. Excellent.

But you aren't allowed to keep bands like Polar, Skylight or whoever for longer than two weeks. No fair. Unless, of course, we get Berkeley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jonnylovesrosie

Its very simple how it all works.

If your in a band and would like to play further afield and need help, we give it.

This program will be taking place all over G.B, Ireland<scotland and wales. Plus I have contacts in Canada and Australia. I'm gonna try and keep it to closer to home at first and then take over the world!

Have a look at the website, it explains it all quite well really. As far as getting paid for gigs, we take money at the door and it gets split between the bands, usually about 50 quid or so, if you get anything above that the company will take minimal expenses out of it, if it goes below the threshold we wont touch it. I know it's not alot but the idea is to get you to other places and seeing different audiences if you at least recoupe any expenses you have well then you havnt lost anything!

We are trying to put a whole package together including your travel, somewhere to stay and a gaurenteed ammount of gigs for however long you are staying etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Berkeley beez from donegal not N.ireland......altho the north off ireland.mmmmm. Cool idea though.saw Las Cabras at Witnness and they were quite great. never saw them down around these parts though.wood be cool if they wud swing around dublin way sumtime.
    BYe
    dregin

nearly forgot.....Berkeley people check my Berkeley site at
    http://www.berkeley.cjb.net

It hasnt been updated in a wee while.Their new album (dun wit the great Steve Albini) shud be out this month i think thru supremo records.I'm tryin to get a decent lookin site up soon but til then i hope this is good for ya.

Advertisement