Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MP3 files (VBR to CBR)

• 12-10-2002 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a program that will convert MP3-VBR files to MP3-CBR? MusicMatch claims it can to it but when I run the proceedure the output files appear to still have the characteristics of VBR files. :confused:

All suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

CDex does it but it takes ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by daveirl
    why would you want to do this? What's the advantage?

Do hardware MP3 players not work with VBR?

I'm using mp3scissors to cut sections out of a long mp3 file. The program kicks-up everytime it encounters a VBR file and won't produce the results I want.

BTW, I couldn't really get much benefit out of CDex so any other suggestions are welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

Converting VBR -> CBR isn't exactly the best thing to do, but if you're serious on doing it, there's two options (quite similar):

a) burn the mp3s to a <u>cd-rw</u> and re-rip them to your desired rate, bear in mind it'll be point-less ripping high quality than the were first ripped at.

b) convert files to wav, the convert back to mp3

Possible alt option; if i remember correctly LAME can re-encode mp3s, if you don't mind using command-line tools, and have a compiler, search for LAME in google, you may be able to find binaries for Windows there. otherwise ask me and i can email you a binary i have.

Advertisement