Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackalicous playing Dublin

• 12-10-2002 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Blackalicous and Creative Controle will be playing a double header in the Red Box on November 8. Will be a blast! Not sure when tickets go on sale as of yet....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Nice one, I'll defo be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Aye heard this news this afternoon myself..
    Confirmed on blackalicous.com but not on pod.ie or entertainment.ie as of yet (the latter two both list different acts that night for the red box)..

Can't bloody wait and I hope to god its true... was nearly going to go over to see them in England next week anyway.

And creative control alongside the best hip-hop duo in the world?
    hohoho that should be very amusing... how they keep getting these gigs is beyond me...

Also Grandmaster Flash & MC Supernatural (easily one of the best freestyle MCs in the world) are playing Oct 29th.. along with Blackalicious file under "a not to be missed under any circumstances gig" for hip-hop fans..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Thats going to be some week, what with Beck and the Flaming Lips on the following Wednesday and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers that Friday, although they'll be in Houston, Texas , which as it happens is where I'll be :)

(sorry am suffering from cabin fever )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Jesus it's a good thing I checked here.
    Great news, no way am I missing this.
    My next hope is that Jurassic 5 come here to promote their new album, then I think my year may just be complete.

hope is that Jurassic 5 come here to promote their new album

As long as they don't bring nelly furtado with them :)

• Advertisement

I'd think I would be pretty safe in assuming she would not be touring with them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

dj dexta(austrailian dmc champ) is playin on fri
    hes also the dj's from the avalanches and hes class

than supernat/grandmaster flash on mon
    that gig is not to be missed

than blackalicous
    than rjd2
    and after tha its sage francais

Really Sage Francis too?
    Know the date?

Despite getting absolutely drenched to the skin I got my tickets for supernatural and blackalicious today.. yay..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

They on sale from ticketbaster d? Or do you have to get em from the Red Box?

• Advertisement

Got mine from sound cellar.. no idea if they're available on ticketmaster.. (actually a quick check says no)

Yeah Aesop Rock isnt on Ticketmaster either.

How much for the ticket? 16 squid?

blackalicious - 16.00, supernatural - 16.50.. actually very strange they're not on ticketmasters site cos they're definitely ticketmaster tickets :)

as far as el-p/aesop goes ill check if theyre available tomorrow(have to go to sound cellar anyway for Luna tickets)

and gotta love the red box for reopening (have tickets for fugazi there on fri as well as the 2 above hehe)

Actually it could be down to the fact that the red box has been closed for the past few months.. ticketmaster mightn't have added it back to the "active venue" list yet... dozy bastards.

Ok, so I need about €70 then tomorrow to get my tickets and J5 cd.
    Supernatural is on ticketmaster website.
    RedBox is listed, other stuff atm is Carl Cox, Dave Clarke and some other stuff.

Hmm they're playing Galway as well on Wed 6th... extremely tempted to drive up to that as well as the red box gig...

Sure why not go on up to Belfast while you're at it. :)

I'm just glad they're here.
    Still have to get my Def Jux ticket, but I got my Grandmaster Flash one. Something to look forward to now for the next 3 weeks.

what a gig :D

Supernat was ****ing amazing.
    And Flash sure knows how to get the crowd involved. Excellent night, glad I didnt miss it.
    Was surprised to see so many people turned up.
    Oh and when did the Redbox get redesigned on the inside? It's much bigger now.

supernats set was a lot better than at j5 last year.. again i was left gobsmacked at his rhyming.. pure genius
    hadn't seen flash before and wasn't too impressed with the first half an hour of dicking around, and i was right up the front so i got a face full of bouncer for half the show as well..
    and god bless kormac for playing some absolutely kicking hip-hop tunes throughout the night... easily my favourite irish dj.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Kali
    wasn't too impressed with the first half an hour of dicking around

Yeah I was gettin fairly pissed off waiting for them to get their shit straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

For those of you that were interested the blackalicious live show will consist of gab,xcel,lateef and 2 backing singers. They'll be doing some of lateefs stuff during the show

i wish lyrics/asia born was going aswell
    anyone have the solesides greatest bumps album?
    feckin brillant

Yup, it's a great album.
    Oh and speaking of Lyrics Born, his album is nearly finished. Looking forward to it.

for those interested parties lyrics has a 12" single "hello" out on ninjatune at the mo from his forthcoming album..
    http://www.ninjatune.com/release.php?id=616

Great gig if a little short.
    Came a bit late so I only caught the last 2 CC songs (perhaps this was a good thing).
    Great show though, Gift of Gab was really something special and Lateef was amazing too.
    Thought it was quite funny the way his scarf yoke on his head gradually changed colour due to sweat.
    Well worth the money, and tempting enough to go to Galway to see it all again.
    2 thumbs up from me anyway. Too bad it was pissing raining outside though, I was soaked.

Best hip-hop gig I've ever been to. Absolutely stunning live. Soundsystem didn't do Gabs fast freestyles justice.. apart from that.. wow... my favourite hip-hop song ever, Lady Don't Tek No being performed live by Gab & Lateef.. amazing, and I went totally insane when Deception came on.. again that track seemed to get a great reception :)
    Small enough crowd, but a great atmosphere.. don't think I've ever heard people shout so loud... ow.

CC were as per usual ****e... total lack of crowd interaction, and an embarassment to Irish hip-hop... Lateef and Gab were waltzing around the dance-floor during the first hour with everyone there completly oblivious to who they were... congratulated him after the gig tho when they done the rounds again..

oh and some ignorant bastard kept yelling "DJ SHADOW" beside me... and shouting out for "the dragon lady song".
    Dragon Lady song? what Cliff Hanger? (which has no mention of dragons) .. sure it has a DJ Shadow beat... but for a live gig? go home mate Xcel is in the house :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Excellent gig. Really enjoyed it. The red box could do with a bit of airconditioning tho'. Almost choked to death on the amount of funny smoke doing the rounds...

• Advertisement

When Alphabet Aerobics came on I went mad, nothing better than feeling the hair stand on the back of you neck. :D
    I was glad they did some tracks off Nia and not just Blazing Arrow.
    Especially Deception and You Didnt Know That Though.
    Also, I couldnt stop smiling through the whole thing. Madness.

Advertisement