Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Footie on BBC Regions

• 12-10-2002 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Just watched the England game and thought to myself switch over to 962 BBC2 NI to watch the Spannish game and bugger me its blocked. So I had a butchers at the BBC site for the regions and why is it folk in Scotland could watch their game this afternoon and then tonight watch the England game and likewise N.Ireland viewers can watch the England game and later watch their own game. Although I did notice the N.Ireland game only popped onto the epg Friday I think. To make things a bit more interesting the epg for BBC Wales for Wednesday shows 7.30pm International Football V's Italy (I know from past experiences that the Welsh games I can watch no problem so Im almost sure it will be on Wednesday night).
    So why o why do BBC NI and BBC jock not allow anybody outside their borders to watch their games but they can watch others ???
    Also Eurosport have just shown the French game live so why can I not watch a game from under the BBC umbrella within the UK.
    Should International Football games be restricted ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Ballydung
    So why o why do BBC NI and BBC jock not allow anybody outside their borders to watch their games but they can watch others ???

the England game was bought by the BBC to show across the UK. maybe BBC Northern Ireland and BBC Scotland only got the rights to show their games in Northern Ireland (and ROI it would seem) and Scotland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Ballydung

Bloody typical I just heard they showed the Northampton V's Ulster game, so is looks like to me that Rugby is ok but BBC2 N.I have a problem showing Football i.e they dont want us over the other side of the pond to view which seems like discrimination, pity they dont have the same view as BBC Wales, but why can a company which all in all are the same operate so differently.
    Also noticed they must have forgotten to switch off the channel block because there was a programme about the stones on after and even that was blocked ( are Mick and Keith putting together a footie team and beeb thought ah Bo'locks lets nip it in the bud). More like some bloke in Belfast wanted to make last orders and could'nt be arsed I'll sort it tomorrow.
    These are Professional broadcasters ?

maybe BBC Northern Ireland and BBC Scotland only got the rights to show their games in Northern Ireland (and ROI it would seem) and Scotland

My point exactly the BBC bought rights for the Republic of Ireland LOL they wont even give you guys Radio 5 etc, so it seems like everybody done ok except guys in England but where does it stop ?

Advertisement