Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England-Slovakia

• 12-10-2002 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Bleugh! That was dreadful. No not the pitch or the crowd, the performance! Sven had better hand over to Steve McClaren methinks.

Scholles on the left wing!! Why not play Ashley Cole there
    and put Wayne Bridge in at the left-bcak. It could'nt be any worse.

Still two good goals by Owen, ahem! ;)

Mike.

Classic Moty - he seemed to think Prague was the capital
    of Slovakia!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Fair play to the Slovaks, good game from my point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

England got out of jail if you ask me.

The Slovaks did very well.

Liverpool 2 Slovakia 1 what mike ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

Liverpool 2 Slovakia 1 what mike

I think Gerard should have walked and so too should Beckham.

It was a fairly indisciplined performance by the English, which actually surprised me a little - the fan's performance of course didn't :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gerrard was getting very tetchy at one point, sheer frustration no doubt, if it was'nt for the fact the game
    would have been very hard to re-schedule it might have been cancelled, I know the Slovaks played the conditons
    much better, but still it was wretched as indeed were the locals, racist boo-boys, whisles the lot, I was expecting to see some nazi banners....I flicked on the TV5 coverage of France-Slovenia what a difference, a perfect pitch in a great staduim and a happy packed house.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

I don't think you should be complaining. It was a terrible place to be playing and to come out with a 2-1 win should be enough to dispel complaints about a poor performance

Just remember that that that was the win that will get you qualified from the group. Not to many teams would have gotten out of Bratislava with a win and the Slovakians were certainly up for it last night.

BTW, I also noticed that Motty comment. He seemed to think the Slovakian FA chose Bratislava over Prague because the stadium had a better athmosphere .... and not because Prague is in a different country! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

[OT]

This is one of the countries who'll be allowed into the EU if we vote yes to Nice. Not sure I wan't people like that working next to me.

[/OT]

The game was just hard to watch, the conditions were so bad. Fair play to England, it wasn't easy.

Advertisement