Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

where do stolen bikes go?

Options
  • 12-10-2002 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

in a transit van ss dublin?:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Got this on the Open list during the week:

A public auction of bicycles will be held at Kevin Street Garda Station, Dublin, on Thursday 17th October 2002 at 11am.
    Viewing of the bicycles will be permitted on Wednesday 16th October 2002 between 10am and 3pm.

Garda Press Office
    www.garda.ie

Presumably they all eventually go to auction if you don't claim them. If yer bike is missing, ringing Kevin Street might be a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

did you ever notice how policemen's children have the nicest bicycles?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

my mates motorbike in southdublin got lifted last nite ,

& also girlfriend's 3 bikes in appartment (locked together)

in cork , same night bit of a difference in money ,

court ,

or if i get my hands on them ,

+ its prob still sitting in some transit but where ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ignore my post above then - it's just for bikes (and probably just pedal bikes at that) that have been recovered by the gardai

I guess you're asking who the local receivers of such items are?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Stolen motorbikes may be exported out of the country or be fenced by dodgy dealers within Ireland. I heard a certain motorbike dealer in Carlow had 17 hot bikes seized by the gardaí earlier this year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement