Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Gigs In Cork

Options
  • 13-10-2002 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

Fred - The Half Moon, Cork Wednesday 23rd Oct

I've seen them before twice and even bought the album. You may recognise some of these guys (and gal) since they are Cork people, one of them even works in Freds:) I'd wholeheartedly recommend going to see them, n00bs can even get a taster of there work at www.fredtheband.com. I dunno if there is anyone supporting though

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by daveirl
    Fred aren't that good at all.

Well i guess you either love them or you hate them*

* Don't listen to the heathen, go see Fred!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jbm

seen Fred b4 a few times.. although was pissed at every gig so couldnt really judge but, they ok from what i remember..

parsnip song's ok

Good gig coming up in the half moon next thursday
    Josh Ritter plays..support from the excellant mark geary

tickets available still
    details from ..joshritter.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

garret wall plays tonight in the lobby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Pep

Iv seen Fred four times in all of the places mentioned above and on each occasion i was disappointed it pointless them playing in freakscene its basically forcing them down peoples throats if people wanted to see them theyd go to the gigs

• Advertisement

Originally posted by jbm
    seen Fred b4 a few times.. although was pissed at every gig so couldnt really judge but, they ok from what i remember..

parsnip song's ok

Good gig coming up in the half moon next thursday
    Josh Ritter plays..support from the excellant mark geary

tickets available still
    details from ..joshritter.com

Ok, you don't like Fred, but Josh Ritter and Mark Geary? Josh Ritter sucks plain and simple and Mark Geary can't even tune a guitar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Pep

Josh Ritter one of the worst live acts iv ever seen his songs try too hard to be some sort of intelligent music eg the song with all the big scientific words

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

everyone put pep listen up :

Tune into the Twilight Saloon with Aoife B. this thursday (Oct 24th) from 2pm - 3pm on Cork Campus Radio, 97.4fm to hear an exclusive interview with not one, but two rather talented musicians, Josh Ritter and Mark Geary...

:D

• Advertisement

Originally posted by smackbunnybaby
    everyone put pep listen up :

Tune into the Twilight Saloon with Aoife B. this thursday (Oct 24th) from 2pm - 3pm on Cork Campus Radio, 97.4fm to hear an exclusive interview with not one, but two rather talented musicians, Josh Ritter and Mark Geary...

:D

I WON'T be doing that :p

Anyone going to Redneck Manifesto this Saturday?

Originally posted by Raskolnikov
    I WON'T be doing that :p

Anyone going to Redneck Manifesto this Saturday?

Argh, i've managed to blag some tickets to the Hothouse Flowers next Friday as well!

Originally posted by daveirl
    Well no trouble there. I presume you'll have enough sense as not to go. They are absolutely awful

I'd gladly have swapped them with someone for Redneck Manifesto tickets. I always leave things till too late. . .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement