Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster v. Gloster

• 13-10-2002 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

I wasn't able to check but did Network 2 on Sky show the game?

On the epg it had from 2.30 to 3.05 a preview but from 3.05 to 5.05 'Scaramouche'?

Was the blocked and replaced by other programming?

Seems strange that it would have been as the game was on BBC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

it was not on Net 2 satellite just terrestrial

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

That's fairly ridiculous. If it's on BBC satellite then I don't understand why it's not on RTE satellite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sayireland

re:
    it was not on Net 2 satellite just terrestrial

Is this going to be the policy for the whole of the Heineken Cup?

What's the rationale behind this does anyone know??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Bah, this is RTE being silly again.

TBH I've little time to watch any sport these days so if they dropped their entire sports lineup from SD, personally I wouldn't even notice.

It's one thing for them to say that there are problems with showing GAA due to Setanta's rights (though it's a poor excuse and they're still incorrect) - it's another to drop games from the Heineken Cup for what seems like no particular reason.

As people have pointed out, access to RTE on SD is actually more controlled than access to RTE on terrestrial (there's no mass seepage of signal across the border, it's just a case of a (very small) number of people who may be swapping their UK sub for an Irish one)

Did they manage to screw up on their rights acquisition or something, only managing to acquire terrestrial rights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sayireland

I've just checked the epg for next Saturday and it seems that the Munster game is on Network 2.

I'm imaging the game is at home and that RTE have the sole rights but then again I can't imagine the BBC stopping RTE from having last Saturday's game on the satellite version of Network 2.

Maybe it's something to do with the differing rights for home and away games??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

are you sure it wasn't on Sky. i remember changing to BBC for the widescreen picture. i haven't used terrestrial in ages on the main telly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I also watched the Munster game on BBC1 for the widescreen, but at haplf time turned over to Network 2 (on Sky) to see what the lads were saying. It was definately on Network 2 through Sky, even though the EPG was wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭rovingrover

I watched a few minute son Network 2 too. Munster's performance was only eclipsed by Jim sherwin's commentary. Definitely on both on Digital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by ShaneOC
    It was definately on Network 2 through Sky

phew. i thought i was losing my mind for a moment there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hounds called off then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

The Munster game was a late addition to the schedule, (like Thursday or so) but RTÉ aren't known for updating the EPG.....

Advertisement