Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manics DISCUSS

Options
  • 13-10-2002 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭

I've just seen the tracklisting for the new manics greatest hits album, Forever Delayed....

'A Design For Life'
    'Motorcycle Emptiness'
    'If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next'
    'La Tristesse Durera (Scream To A Sigh)'
    'There By The Grace Of God'
    'You Love Us'
    'Australia'
    'You Stole The Sun From My Heart'
    'Kevin Carter'
    'Tsunami'
    'The Masses Against The Classes'
    'From Despair To Where'
    'Door To The River'
    'Everything Must Go'
    'Faster'
    'Little Baby Nothing'
    'Theme From M*A*S*H (Suicide Is Painless)'
    'So Why So Sad'
    'The Everlasting'
    'Motown Junk'

Apparently this was voted by the fans which is complete bollix, i'm regestered on the manics official web site and a fanzine regular and their is no way manics fans would only vote one holy bible song in there or foir that matter vote for so why so {c.u.n.t.i.n.g.} sad.

This is further proof of the general crapness that are best ofs and greatest hits, NO manics fans BUY this album in my humble opinion...
    Motown junk is the only reason to buy it and you can get that on e-bay for the same price, same goes for theme from m.a.s.h. {if yu didnt get it at the time of release but i did}:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Don't buy it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Saw James on Weds night in scotland and he seemed to say that the tracklisting wasnt "as voted for" 100%, he even said one track is on the album because ze germans love it, cant remember which one it was tho. Was very drunk.

I am gonna hang on and wait for dvd version as the supposed tracklisting is as follows:-

Tracklisting:
    01. Motown Junk
    02. You Love Us (Heavenly version)
    03. You Love Us (Columbia version)
    04. Stay Beautiful
    05. Love's Sweet Exile
    06. Slash N' Burn
    07. Motorcycle Emptiness
    08. Little Baby Nothing
    09. Theme From M*A*S*H (Suicide Is Painless)
    10. From Despair To Where
    11. La Tristesse Durera (Scream To A Sigh)
    12. Roses In The Hospital
    13. Life Becoming A Landslide
    14. Faster
    15. Revol
    16. She Is Suffering
    17. A Design For Life
    18. Everything Must Go
    19. Kevin Carter
    20. Australia
    21. If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
    22. The Everlasting
    23. You Stole The Sun From My Heart
    24. Tsunami
    25. The Masses Against The Classes
    26. Found That Soul
    27. So Why So Sad
    28. Ocean Spray
    29. Let Robeson Sing
    30. There By The Grace Of God

Extras:
    01. La Tristesse Durera (Chemical Brothers Mix)
    02. If You Tolerate This You Children Will Be Next (David Holmes Mix)
    03. Tsunami (Cornelius Mix)
    04. So Why So Sad (Avalanches Mix)
    05. Faster (Chemical Brothers Mix)
    06. If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next (Massive Attack Mix)
    07. Kevin Carter (Jon Carter Mix)
    08. You Stole The Sun From My Heart (David Holmes Mix)
    09. Tsunami (Stereolab Mix)
    10. Let Robeson Sing (Ian Brown Mix)
    11. The Everlasting (Stealth Sonic Orchestra Mix)
    12. You Stole The Sun From My Heart (Mogwai Mix)
    13. A Design For Life (Stealth Sonic Orchestra Mix)
    14. Ocean Spray (Kinobe Mix)

Mitch Ikeda photo Gallery
    Full Band Discography
    5.1 Sound

Doesnt that sound more like a greatest hits package.... think it does. If you aint got a dvd, then dont buy. Motown Junk sounds much better on crackly old vinyl..

"I laughed when lennon got shot".......RJE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

hmmm
    see...the way i see it, most people would view the holy bible as a best of in itself????? if u know what i mean..yer a manics fan...u must do!

i like so why so sad...shut up! And theme form mash is on it, the only version i have of that is one someone saw on the telly and put a dictaphone up to to record it for me.
    dvd sounds good tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Originally posted by acquiescefc
    Saw James on Weds night in scotland and he seemed to say that the tracklisting wasnt "as voted for" 100%, he even said one track is on the album because ze germans love it, cant remember which one it was tho. Was very drunk.

I am gonna hang on and wait for dvd version as the supposed tracklisting is as follows:-

Doesnt that sound more like a greatest hits package.... think it does. If you aint got a dvd, then dont buy. Motown Junk sounds much better on crackly old vinyl..........

"I laughed when lennon got shot".......RJE

When is that dvd out? It sounds like a manics fans wet dream.........

I believe its Nov 11th...forgot to mensh.

Got it from Foreverdelayed.com which is a fansite cos I saw the bloke takin the pics of JDB that are on their site and he wouldnt risk usin his flash, cos we were told not to ,thats why they came out crap. I however did use my flash and the feckin security (stupid gorillas) decided to take said camera off me. Got it back at the end tho, waitin to get em developed.

Theyre playin the gig on Radio CLyde or whoever in 2 weeks, i would recommend a listen, James was very very good. A bit trimmer too it seems!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

I'm pretty sure the fans voting for tracks thing was more to do with what they're gonna play on their tour rather than what was gonna be on the album. The record company was never gonna put much from the holey bible on it as most people started buying the manics stuff post-holy bible and the record company would deem some of it as a little too harsh for some of the newer fans.

I'm surprised to see Revol on the tracklisting for the dvd, while it was a single the manics themselves loath it.

The cd of the greatest hits isn't aimed at the hardcore fans anyway, i'm not gonna buy it because i already have everything on it and everything on the bonus cd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

It was the setlist for the gigs that we voted on, not the actual tracklisting on the album. Do you think Everlasting would have made it at the expense of Stay Beautiful if that had been the vote. The fans did not vote for the album tracklisting, and nor did anyone claim to.

Agree that the album is poor, although the part I am most pissed off about is the limited edition bonus CD. Teh big cheeses like the Chems and 3D that have mixed tracks for the lads before are being rewarded by the fans buying early; not the fans themselves. The bonus CD should be of B-Sides, its a disgrace, but I'll still buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

Bateman.....sort out that ridiculous signature of yours. its ****ing appalling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

exactly,eyeliner.

NO ONE can lower them selves down to such a level. not possible

I am from "gods country" and i know what he means about that countys 2nd city.....miaow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

wwhat???? whats it from????
    *ignorant little old me*
    hmmmm.....am i going to get bullied if i say i like the manics new stuff too? im listenig to gold against the soul right now and id forgotten how good it is. but i like hte new stuff, although know your own enemy was crap, except for so why so sad. The b sides on everything up to and including everything must go are great, but i didnt really like the ones from TIMTTMY, or KYOE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

i didn't really like their newer stuff (and after this is my truth, i stopped listening), but i would never consider myself an obsessive manics fan (or a fan at all, because i only really liked the holy bible) but my friend recorded me a stereolab remix of tsunami and it's fecking great!! it sounds like a stereolab song, or rather a good stereolab song. but anyway ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭mojopin

I agree. It's a terrible representation of the manics. Terribly dissapointing. Betetr off making your own compilation and burning it onto a cd.

www.beautifullosers.info

Advertisement