Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Todays Work

• 13-10-2002 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Allright.....i did this today. Sorry about the fact that there is only one screen shot... I took about 5 and only 1 came through :confused: ... they dont seem to work any more :(

dpb_screen1.jpg
    I will add more screen shots later

The map itself has a small area with houses (See above) some of which have broken walls so you can hide in the gardens n' stuff :)

There is gonna be a main choke point of a road, which will have buildings down one side and a wall along half of the other side. Once i get the screenshots thing sorted out.... ill explain it more.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume this is for DoD?

Looks good so far, but I'm sure you realise thats it's hard to comment on the map from jsut one screenshot.

THe descriptiton of the map sounds good, so if it turns out like you hope it will it should be good :)

More screenshots!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Got two more screens for ya ... the map wil lbe for DigitalPaintball ... and i will also remake it for CiN when its released :)

dpb_screen2.jpg

dpb_screen3.jpg

Once again.. nice shots. Tho replace the skybox. use "badlands" or possibly "cliffedge" ( www.planethalflife.com/crinity )

Anyhoo, good work so far, tho is might make for nicer eye candy if every corner wasnt so ... square?

MAke a 12 sided cylinder. Use the clip tool to cut it i half, then in half again. You now have your 1337 corner.

-smooth 80 n the hlrad parameters for 1337 corners. :D

Im slowly getting better at the ole mapping :)

Got the compiler working now too..... though it never compiles Jims maps :confused:

Im gonna add a nice secret room too ... whats a map without a secret room :) .. Finished the over all plan of the map so i know what i will be doing. Got working doors too which is nice.

Can you answer me this though ..... how do i add fires?

Now that i take a second look at the pic with the grass.. it's way to bright green.
    In the sierra/tfc/ dir there's a tfc2.wad with a nice grass.. try a search for "gro" or "grn" in the texture browser.

As for Fire?
    http://www.vlatitude.com/tutorials.php?tutID=16

Pretty ****e tutorial IMO, I'll write a better explanation when i have time.. or i'll just upload a fire prefab so you can see how it was done :D

• Advertisement

as i look at those pics AGAIN i see that you've already used the graass texture iwas ****eing on about. And you've found the tfc2 wad.

Erm.. replace the glow in the dark grass! :p

Yea...most of the wads can be found from the great CiN wads:
    http://www.planethalflife.com/cin/

Ther great wads i must say. lots of funny stuff! You can get them from CinCentral.com i think so you dont have to wait all day at fileplanet like i did .... feckin gayspy!

Must change the grass... in the overlord wad in the doD dir. there is some great grass... named C0wgrass or somefin.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Don't play DoD myself, so I wont criticise much - I'll just take the time to say that the map looks nice, but way too multicoloured and epilepsy inducing... Good luck with the map, anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

Would I be right in saying that the map is based in North Africa?
    If not I would like to see some more N.African / Mediterranean, they're pretty interesting. I have'nt played much of dod but I am getting into it \o/ so I dont know whether theres a map for Cyprus or not, it would be a good idea though. From what I can recall of my history classes the Germans parachuted into Cyprus so you could make it a para_map. *

* Another crap idea sponsored by Corega Corp ®

Advertisement