Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wallmark, skylight, polar, and the 66 electric

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

bumpity bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭mojopin

Skylight and 66 electric.. shall be going to that anyway

www.beautifullosers.info

none a that bad language outta ya mick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

r u drunk again kurdt

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Oh man how did this thread float down to page two?????

*hup* little thread.....

I'm so there.......SO VERY very there......this is my gig of the year.....

Hooray for PolarSkylightWallmark mergerstypa thingie.....

Oh joy oh joy oh joy......*silverfish spontaneously combusts*

• Advertisement

a'hem

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

u gotta all go! I am helping with photography at that gig! woo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

this gig does sound jolly good. unless i have already made plans which i've forgotten about (highly probable, happens a lot... usually results in lots of shouting. by others, at me. sigh), then i shall be there. going with bells on is optional, right?

so perhaps next sunday i shall see y'all for yet another night of drunken debauchery. wheeee.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i thought id stepped into an enid blyton novel there when someone used the word jolly

anyway, once again, i think ill be at this gig.

make up your mind drowny...one minute you're going, the next you're scared of the rain, the next you're a mouse, the next you're off to africa...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i SAID i was goin!
    i asked RQ if she was and i dont think she is but hmmmm.....make her go
    i told mick id go and all and were off rehearsls for once so i pretty much think im there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

the excellent 66 electric, shall be in the phantom studios this saturday morning coming... so tune in and hear all bout them

sorry, forgot some important details, its on tara's show so after 10 o'clock

Press Release: T.B.M.C Sunday 27th of October 2002.

polar
    gavin farrell: vocals, guitar
    andrew carey: bass guitar
    terence martin: drums
    michael o'connell: guitar

polar, based in dublin, ireland; were conceived in june of 2001 while two of the members were sitting their leaving certificate exams. between exams and study the band began to write and rehearse and by mid-july had a set of 5 songs.

since then polar have been writing, rehearsing and recording on a constant basis, just taking breaks to play in all of dublin's top venues.

their debut single 'south' was released in march of 2002 and received much acclaim. stations such as phantom fm and x fm gave the single great support in dublin with it also receiving play on fm 104's sunday rock show. most recently polar have discovered that they have been receiving generous play on kuci.org 88.9fm a college radio station broadcasting from irvine, california.

at the moment, polar are working on the recording of a new batch of songs including, ‘untitled’ and 'they had names' and are booking gigs both in ireland's capital and out around the country.

if you would like any further information on polar please feel free to
    contact us at any time by emailing us at info@polarofficial.com

the 66 electric
    in 2001 a singer songwriter partnership between ed cullen and michael pope were busy performing in venues around dublin. soon it became clear that other musicians were required to inspire, contribute and accompany this, so the pair turned to the guitar and electronic talents of anthony hyland to further the progression.

simultaneously, ex-member of glasgow’s ‘stash’, al higgins travelled to dublin with the intention of forming a band that would challenge music and its listeners. on a parallel course was tom kennedy, from melbourne, looking for something more inventive then he had found elsewhere. a chance meeting to see the established 3 piece saw both al and tom enlisted, and although from varied musical tastes it became apparent that all shared the same ambition.

an intense writing and rehearsing schedule ensued. the 66 electric emerged from these sessions with music that both lyrically and musically, evokes a poetic melancholy while harnessing pop deviance and soaring intensity. fronted by ed cullen’s starling voice, the live shows offer a multi instrumental and unconventional performance that displays the true depth of the band’s ability.

the 66 electric have just finished the recording of 3 track in temple lane studios, dublin, ‘the brown bear’, ‘we’ and ‘the pilot song’. songs that sample and showcase, the true breath of the band’s musical dynamics, from the fragile to the abrasive.
    spawning from various origins and surviving transitional phases, the 66 electric create living breathing music that commands attention.

the 66 electric are: ed cullen (vocals, guitar, bass, percussion)
    michael pope (drums, bass, guitar, vocals, percussion, keys)
    tom kennedy (guitar, vocals)
    anthony hyland (guitars, samples, percussion)
    al higgins (drums, bass, guitars)

skylight
    formed in 2000, skylight are an innovative dublin based band with few boundaries. the use of piano and keyboard sounds along with the classic guitar/bass/drums/vocals setup, gives them a unique sound, ranging from intricately arranged rock songs to flowing, more atmospheric pieces. after a successful year skylight have been busy lately- writing and recording over the past months for their next release, but have also been gigging as much as possible, playing with bands such as melaton, alistair, polar and blotooth.

wallmark : padraig digan(vocals & guitar)
    joe digan (drums)
    michael murphy (bass)
    david kennedy (guitar)

wallmark are a four piece from birr, based in dublin. the band consists of padraig and joe digan, michael murphy and david kennedy. padraig arrived in dublin in september 1999, with a view to making an impression on the burgeoning music scene that is present in the capital. various people including the likes of shane mcgowan, damien rice, the frames and paddy casey took notice of this fresh new voice and encouraged him with various support slots.

with the songs in place, padraig felt it was time to cement the occasional backing group he had, namely joe and michael. david approached the band after a gig, and told them that the gig was rubbish… impressed by his honesty they asked him to join the band in october 2001. the band are heavily influenced by the small faces, the jam, and neil young. this is evident from their first incarnation as a covers band called ‘all mod cons’.

wallmark were formally launched at the frames’ new years eve gig in 2001. according to cluas.com wallmark are “a band to watch in the future”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Britnik

Wish I was going on Sunday but unfortunately, other plans are keeping me away......

heard so much bout Polar - all good of course!!!
    have seen 66 electric for myself - what can I say??????.....just brilliant

best of luck

jamming has been going so well for this one, cant feckin wait!!!

we've got aload of support heading aswell by the looks of things so it should be an excellent night

have to hoosh this post up...the gig is on tmrw evening afterall!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

I'm defo goin 2nite it i'll be great!

Get there early 66e are on first i believe and well worth seeing.

no work tommorrow, didnt go out last nite and a strange surplus of funds in my bank acc this will be a session to end all sessions.

Except for having the miss fortune to know the being known as 'the 66 electric', I dont believe i've ever met anyone from this board in the flesh, should anybody have any interest {and promise not to hit me coz i slagged one of their favourite groups} i'll be the tall, beer bellyed, balding man in a hooded top and red shoes, getting repulsed looks from any woman i try to engage in conversation :D

P.S. Polarbelly{if that is your real name} Did you ever send that Polar c.d. my way? I never got it..............

eh i think i did, but i'll bring one for ya (if i can find one) tonight anyway

see you there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 oompa loompa

woohoooo, great stuffs - i'm lookin forward to this one! gonna have my listenin ears on for sure...........

have a good night all :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement