Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL Modem-> USB vs Ethernet

Options
  • 14-10-2002 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I am presently looking into getting ADSL with Esat in Galway.
    Which type of modem should I be going for, Ethernet or USB ?
    Is there any great difference between the two, is there any other hardware required ?

1600+ Athlon XP
    Win2K pro
    10Mbit Ethernet card
    5 port Ethernet hub.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

Well the usb modem will take some cpu resources, hence why i did not go for it when i got my dsl. So Ethernet is my choice.

There yah go short and sweet!
    For once! Nuff Said.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭santalives

go for the ethernet modem, it may cost a little more. however there is a lot less problems with them plus you are a lot less likely to have any issue's with drivers (there are none). where as USB modem's have a lot more problems with them. Actual performance wise there is no real difference between them. What sort of USB and ethernet modem's do you have the choice of, do you know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

The modem Esat gave me in Limerick is an Ericsson HM220DP which is dual ethernet/USB.

Advertisement