Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsatisfied Customer - Internet Purchace

Options
  • 14-10-2002 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

Over 2 weeks ago I purchaced some goods online, from a company based in Dublin. I also live in Dublin, in fact I live about 45 mins from their offices.

Anyway, My problem is this. They have taken payment, my credit card has been charged, and I cannot contact this company at all.

Their telephone goes unanswered, and it would seem that all of my e-mails are being ignored.

What options do I have in this case?? After all they are my items since I have paid the required price, and I have paid for the delivery fees..

All I want to do is arrange delivery of my goods.

I have recieved
    one mail saying that my order was accepted (automatic)
    one mail saying delivery should be approx 2 weeks (only after I sent in 6 mails and had 1 phonecall out of an attempted 8 andwered)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Call over to their offices and try to sort it out in person?

If that fails, call your credit card company and tell them you got ripped off. CC companies usually give the customer the benefit of the doubt in cases like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you paid by credit card you can initiate a chargeback. It won't affect your credit rating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

You should definitely contact the credit card company straight away & follow up in writing with them.

Do you know the company's legal name? If so, you can check out their directors via Irion . You could even take proceedings in the Small Claims Court against them - it will only cost you a few quid!

Advertisement