Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bands you like

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Originally posted by ReefBreak
    Woodstar.

IMHO best new Irish band around at the moment.

www.woodstar.ie

And, no, I've no connection with them.

right took the first step of my little adventure of taking all of you ppl's advice, went to see woodstar

very good... i thought the guitarist was excellent

dunnoo bout "best" new irish band at the moment though

is IMHO... 'in my humble opinion'??? just always wanted to ask that cos i never knew?

anyway, i had a good night so thanks for the advice Reefbreak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 IrishUnsinged

Originally posted by knobbles
    ...re Woodstar

they don't belong in any underground dublin scene, they've
    the talent to bypass it.
    very good stuff

Not only the talent but the backing as well. I hear that three bands are going on a tour in the near future around Ireland which will include Woodstar, Sutras and someone else (it's late, I forget) starting in Killarney before Xmas.

Also look out for:
    Clann Zu
    Dextra (live)

they're my current favourites.

Originally posted by polarbelly

is IMHO... 'in my humble opinion'??? just always wanted to ask that cos i never knew?

Yep, then there's IMVHO (V=Very) and IMEHO (E=Extremely)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

Originally posted by polarbelly
    anyway, i had a good night so thanks for the advice Reefbreak
    You're welcome... I couldn't make it, but anyway I'd seen them a couple of times before. Out of curiosity, how many were at the gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Daylight

Got to be the Future Kings of Spain

• Advertisement

reefbreak>>> it wasnt a great turn out, kinda occupied the back half of the venue, it was one of those people were afraid to go up the front kinda jobies, ya know? personally i thought it was a v. good turn out for their first headliner in dublin

there was a very good media turn out for them, loadsa folk i've seen in other bands, leagues from no disco, a load of hot press crew... so i'd say we'll see a review in tmrw's hotpress... for them i'd think all in all a big success...

daylight>>> i've seen future kings of spain. they are class live, defo.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Johnny Pyro
    Ely

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Definitely Jessica Insane, Popstar, Berkeley, plus lots of others from Blast and others.

Saw Jessica Insane at a Battle Of The Bands in Ballymun in May. I got their Demo. Pretty good for the genre (which is not my favourite musical style, though). I asked them to get in touch with my colleague (who is a fan of Berkeley and was one of the people who gave them an early break in the National Student music Awards) but they never bothered. Many bands in Ireland are far too happy to sit around and take no chances by just doing the odd showcase and battle-of-the-bands. If they had the determination, they may well be in the position now that Berkeley are in (ie a Steve Albini produced album, a national tour and lots of good reviews in the industry). After that it would be down to hard work, sweat and lady luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

The Delorentos.

When these gys are good... they're great. Don't know what stage they are at at the moment. They supported someone in Whelans the other night. I habn't seem them since the summer.

• Advertisement

cant say i was overly impressed by the delerentos, maybe it was just the sound though cos i couldnt really make out the guitar or vocalist

Advertisement