Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spiders! How to kill them?

• 14-10-2002 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

I'm moving into a new cave this week, but there is one small problem.. certain areas of my new living space is infected with spiders.

I don't mind the small cute looking ones, but when they start getting bigger than a 20 cent coin, thats when we begin to have problems

Anyway, is there any easy way to kill them? Like spider traps or a spray? Must get rid of them!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Get yourself a nice sturdy shoe and go on a squashing frenzy. Then clean the spider guts off the walls, ceiling & floor with a nice damn sponge and some washing up liquid.

you could always get yourself some arachnid poison (as opposed to insect poison). I'm fairly sure theres a spray you can get to do the job...

Good luck with the spidycide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

All you need to do is provide alternative space for them (say mother-in-law's place). Otherwise just move them to the garden shed.

Remember that spiders kill off the insects that help spread food poisoning and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

One word: FIRE!

Burn 'em out!
    That simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Im with Victor on this, just use a glass or jar and a piece of card and gather them up one by one and turf them out, then get the place a clean.

They might come back later...in the dark...unheard...unseen...;)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by mike65
    Im with Victor on this, just use a glass or jar and a piece of card and gather them up one by one and turf them out, then get the place a clean.

Feckin humanitarians! Kill em, kill em all! Nuke the house :D

• Advertisement

Originally posted by rymus
    Nuke the house :D

Now, that's an even better idea than fire!
    EXPLOSIVES!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by rymus
    Feckin humanitarians
    Stop being speciesist, we are being spideritarians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Don't kill them!

Do as Victor says, put them somewhere else and they wont come back. As long as you don't have flies you wont have spiders. So my advice is.... wash :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

use cryptonite...worked against Stuperman.

if not...embrace the spiders...worked for SpiderMan...

*hmmm*...Bubbles in a latex spiderman outfit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Yeah, I'm afraid it just isn't PC to go around killing spiders in this day and age darling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Have a quick run round with the hoover every once in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Have a quick run round with the hoover every once in a while.
    :eek:

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

a few quad rockets should do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Get Nadia to get rid of them, I thought thats why you bought her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Sico's Vortex of Doom and Ken's Flames of Destruction sound like just the ticket.
    Shame on the rest of you for being such wimps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

Get a cat, let it do your dirty work for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

kill em , there evil , get a tennis racket at them..........................jaysus they gives me the heeby jeebys.
    just kill them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Eat em, that'll teach the b4stards ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

damn you all to hell

i bet you have dogs and other crappy pets at least the spider earns its keep and doesnt sh@t on the carpet.

Keep em spiders rock :)

And also swat the flies and place them in the spiders web like a treat they big real fast if you give them a few :)

LOL
    Vote YES to Spiders ......heheheh

kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

im all for spider rights but i mean jesus, the big ones (about bigger than a tenpence (im up north) the yscare the **** out of me. hell, bigger than a fiver pence!! save then, or fluch em, its less gory. and yes. i am nervous bout them. that, unclepaul and drowning

• Advertisement

Is it true that they crawl into your mouth when you sleep and everyone eats at least 5 a year or something..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

more like 6 a lifetime....

Thats six too many :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

i agree with angel. Start a controlled fire.

Originally posted by Kaimera
    use cryptonite...worked against Stuperman.

Hmm... Wish I had a Cryptonite Cross.
    Then I could repel both Superman AND Dracula.

But I still say a little fire should sort out them spiders.
    Either that, or acid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Set up a totalitarian regime in the spider community. The resulting loss of freedom will cause many of them to climb under the wall and out of your cave to a better life.

Alternatively, vacuum the place a lot (once a day done properly should do the trick). If there's nothing to eat they won't last long. Spiders like dust - a lot of it is your skin (edible).

Fire gets rid of dust too, I'm sure.

Advertisement