Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows xp splash screen

• 14-10-2002 6:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

Ive just discovered on older machines that u can change the windows splash screen but ive looked to do it on xp and only found that u can disable it but id like to change it.

can any one help ?

Ste

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 trunks

http://www.themexp.org/
    these will have what you if you done want to go mucking about with files

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

cheers for that

Ste

found a cool program called bootxp

boot xp

program thatll change the screen for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by djste18
    found a cool program called bootxp

boot xp

program thatll change the screen for you

Dunno what version it's on now, but I got the "Right off the computer" version, which is great :D

Can any 1 tell me of gettin an image from an .sys file into a .bmp or .jpeg ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Not a clue mate, sorry.
    But I'd like to know how to do it meself.. I've a quality Matrix Boot Screen that'd make an excellent wallpaper. Help! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If it's one of those win95/98 bootup screens you want as a wallpaper you're kind of in luck and out of luck at the same time.

A logo*.sys file is just a .bmp file renamed (good news)
    It's got odd dimensions - scewed at 200*300 (or something) rather than a normal ratio where the width is greater than the height. (bad news)

Try renaming your .sys file to .bmp and you'll see what I mean. You could restretch it in Photoshop but the quality would presumably suffer.

Originally posted by sceptre
    Try renaming your .sys file to .bmp and you'll see what I mean. You could restretch it in Photoshop but the quality would presumably suffer.

tryed renamin but that wont work

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

if you have paint shop pro, try browsing the folder that the .sys file is in...
    c:\ if it's the win9x startup c:\windows\ if it's the wait/shutdown screens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

they're 320x400, not really worth converting, unless its for your sig or something small like that...

• Advertisement

finaaly got what i wanted cheers for the help guys

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

any1 changed the win2k splash screen?

Advertisement