Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspicious Dialler Program

Options
  • 15-10-2002 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

I've just run Ad-Aware (great free program, recommended) as I do on a regular basis to spring clean any dodgy cookies or adware I may have picked up and it found one thing that scared the bejeesus out of me. It was a file called lsdialer.inf , found in my I.E. downloaded program files folder. Does anybody know if this can do any damage from there? It's gone now of course but was it possibly changing my connection properties for however long it was there?
    I've checked my I.E. properties and it's still set to dial the same number as always. I make a habit of saying no to any "do you want to install and run?" prompts that pop up so I would also like to know how it got there.
    If anyone has any ideas etc. etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

An .inf file is just a settings file for a program - is the prog definitely not there? Do a search for lsdialer.exe

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that if you clicked no, you'll be grand. You would notice the change in the dial-up settings (and on the phone bill :D) if it did change. And it wouldn't change the settings back and forth, it would make a new DUN connection afaik.

Advertisement