Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL, ODTR stand-off on digital service

• 15-10-2002 2:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

CABLE TV company NTL Ireland is not expected to give any justification as to why digital services have not been rolled out to all of its customers, despite a deadline by the Office of the Director of Telecommunications Regulation (ODTR) demanding an explanation by today.
    It is believed that the regulator has put the company under pressure to sell the MMDS business.

NTL received a sub-€5m offer for the business from Tallaght-based Off Air Electronics, a supplier of MMDS equipment

The full article to be found here.

It'll be interesting to see how far the ODTR take this, what with their apparent lack of power etc. The article itself says that they "could" revoke NTL's license (which it won't), or fine them, or even just amend the contract. I wonder if she'll make an example of NTL.... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

And the article is from the Indo, another horse, like Chorus, from the Tony O'Reilly stable.

Anything relating to TV published in the Indo, I take with a pinch of salt, tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The problem of course is that no matter what she does, NTL will sue the ODTR and stall any threatened action for a year or so, like our old friends in Eircom and DSL.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

One of these guys should know

John Gregg
    Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
    ddi: 0171-909-2000
    ext: (729) 2003
    mobile: 0385-502-161
    fax: 0171-909-2012
    e-mail: john.gregg@ntl.com

Stephen Carter
    Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer
    ddi: 01256 754500
    ext: (711) 4500
    mobile: -
    fax: 01256 754501
    e-mail: Stephen.Carter@ntl.com
    other contact information:
    PA - Karen Mott, 711 4502

Mr Peter Douglas
    Group MD Broadcast
    ddi: 01962 822214
    ext: (716) 2214
    mobile: 07774 650474
    fax: 01962 822555
    e-mail: peter.douglas@ntl.com

Mr Scott Falconer
    Managing Director Consumer Services
    ddi: 01256 752003
    ext: (711) 2003
    mobile: 07881 500953
    fax: 01256 752908
    e-mail: scott.falconer@ntl.com

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Doubtful...they're all UK executives, though Stephen Carter is whom NTL Ireland reports to and has been in Dublin to talk to the media several times.

Whom you want is Anne-Marie Barry, the Press Officer at NTL...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Whom you want is Anne-Marie Barry, the Press Officer at NTL...

Press officers are a waste of space, you'll only ever get the answers you want out of management or techies. I should know. :)

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

....to me, down in the bog here. I can't remember the last time I met a CFO or an MD but they were important for sure.

I posted details for the following.

John Gregg
    Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer

Stephen Carter
    Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer

NTL allegedly have a CAPEX budget of UKP400 Million next year. Stephen Carter told the IT a fortnight back.

On the assumption that we get our cut Pro Rata we in Ireland should get at least UKP 25 million of that.

If those guys don't know now where next years CAPEX will be incurred I'd be amazed. So why not ask them direct.

Don't insult my intelligence by referring me to PR bunnies please.
    NTL, I note,has 2 PR bunnies in Dublin and 2 field engineers in Galway. I think that explains their priorities adequately.

M

Advertisement