Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help with a nokia 3310

• 15-10-2002 11:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

not sure where to put this so i hope it's alright here!!!

a week or so ago some ass clown stole my mobile phone from me on the bus back to kilkenny from wit.

i cancelled the sim card and was given a new one with the same no. by o2.

so now i had a sim card but no phone!!!

then my sister rang me to tell me that she was getting a new phone and that I could have her old one, Nice One. phone once again - **** no!!!!!

her phone is vodafone - and i thought seeibg as it was a bill phone that it was unblocked - no such luck - so now i have a phone and a sim card but they just wont consumate their relationship - so my request is simply this - if anyone knows an unblocking code for an 087 nokia 3310 that will allow me to use a 086 sim card in it can you please help me out??!?!

help to re-unite these star-crossed lovers for once and for all!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Check the buy and sell-Theres usually people advertising phone unlocking for about €20.00

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Hellrazer
    Check the buy and sell-Theres usually people advertising phone unlocking for about €20.00

€20 is too expensive, I know of a couple of places doing it for €15 (one is in Clane, Co. Kildare, I think they are call mobile-unlocking-ireland.com or similar, check Google).
    I'm thinking of buying some unlocking kit myself and figure on charging €10 per phone plus postage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Originally posted by ayatollah

her phone is vodafone - and i thought seeibg as it was a bill phone that it was unblocked - no such luck

Goto a vodafone and ask them to unlock it,
    Bill phones should be unlocked afaik.

They unlock em if ya spend €60 aswell afaik.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Originally posted by Samson
    €20 is too expensive, I know of a couple of places doing it for €15 (one is in Clane, Co. Kildare, I think they are call mobile-unlocking-ireland.com or similar, check Google).
    I'm thinking of buying some unlocking kit myself and figure on charging €10 per phone plus postage.

I was just using that as an example Samson.
    There are a few people in the Buyandsell doing it for €10 while you wait.The last time I got one unlocked he called to me here in work and did it on the spot.Do you know if that guy in Clane will unlock an SL45???

Originally posted by Hellrazer
    Do you know if that guy in Clane will unlock an SL45???

Not sure if he does.
    His URL is: www.unlockingireland.com

The kit I'm getting does unlock the SL45, if that is of any help/interest.
    Not sure how long it will take before I have it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

thanks for all your suggestions, but i was looking for a site that had codes for unlocking phones for free cause i'm already having to give my sister the trade in value of the phone and i just thought that such a site existed!!

anyone have any other ideas?!?!?

Try here:
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/forum28.html
    You might get lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Not sayin i know it all m8 but as far as i know theres no codes that can unlock a phone !!

I used to unlock 3210s last year with my data cable. Still have it. U need software to unlock it as well. Cost me about 8gbps or 15 euro including p+p Easy to do.. Only took a few mins

3310s are a doddle.. What i suggest is buying a cable etc and then doing it urself. If u know a few m8.s do it for them as well and then basically u,ll get the cables for free

Advertisement