Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bran

Options
  • 15-10-2002 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Just got thise-mail today. I'm assuming it's true. Hopefully not though...

PRESS RELEASE PRESS RELEASE PRESS RELEASE

ELTON MULLALLY

Elton Mullally, former front man and songwriter with Brando is now solo, following the break up of his band in October 2002.

Brando were one of the biggest unsigned acts in the country.
    Their debut single Singular Death of Privacy, released & promoted independently in march 2002, reached #30 in the Irish charts. It topped the Tower Records & Music city Charts for 2 weeks running.

Other accolades achieved with Brando include:
    NME Top Ten Guitar Acts 2000.
    Winners at the In The City convention, Manchester 2000.
    Revue Mag. (London) Hot New Acts 2001.

This year Elton has played numerous solo gigs including acoustic gigs with Ken Stringfellow(The Posies), Relish, and a nationwide songwriters tour , The Acoustic 4 by 4.
    Last year Elton toured in the U.S. with Epic signing Howie Day, playing 1000 seater venues in boston, philli, new york & Washington dc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

poor poor sandi

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

I know. Oh how disappointed she will be! At least Elton's gonna be continuing the singer/songwriter malarkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Tara

That US tour wasn't Elton solo. Brian was there as well and it was a "brando tour"

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sweetiepie

Hopefully its not true. Sean said on their website that they have upcoming gigs- I wonder is it just Elton on his own though? Someone should ask him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

hehe...I have a reputation regarding Brando, don't I...
    I'm pretty disappointed, but at least Elton's keeping going.
    Bugger this anyway...why does MY favourite band in the whole world have to split...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Thats a shame cause they were actually good!!!!

Poor poor Sandi.

Advertisement