Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTVinternet phone line fault

Options
  • 15-10-2002 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I have been using UTVip for nearly a week now, when I tried to dial up last night, I get an engaged tone before the number has even finished being dialled. It happens when I try to dial any other number too.

I rang eircom last night and they told me to call back today for an update, but they hadn't even bothered to log the fault so I put the phone down on them.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

A regular problem on my exchange, the exchange is out of capacity for the circuit you are dialing, it realises it before the whole number is finished, complain to UTV. It's similar to the way that most of the exchanges couldnt handle the volume of 141 and 142 calls they were getting before numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Oh. Does UTV actually handle all my calls now that i've signed up to their flat rate service? Because I tried dialling other number, my mobile number etc, and the same thing happened, the engaged tone before the number had been completely dialled.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

yep they handle all the calls, it's going to be difficult to figure out whos fault it is because both will deny it, but someone ran out of capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Ah I getcha, Eircom told me to put the 13666 in front of a number and dial that, so I guess they're thinking it's my carrier that's the problem, I rang UTV a minute ago and they were very nice about it, they're going to get (nevada i think?) to look into it and give me a call.

Have to say, their tech support is really good!

Advertisement