Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book: The pragmatic programmer.

Options
  • 15-10-2002 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/ppbook/index.shtml

After a comment from TypeDef in another thread about the book, I got it. I'm not finished reading it but from what I have read so far and general skimming I have to say I'm impressed with the book.

Worth getting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I got the book earlier this year, and it's highly regarded amongst my collection. It really about the good/solid "mindset" approach to developing good software, as apposed to advising you to take one technical route over another.

Buy this book, and better yourself.

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I got this a couple of years ago. There's definately a lot of good advice in there, so I can also recommend this book.

I find that it's not a book you read all the way through once, then put aside, it's more of a book to pick up every 6 months or so and skim through looking for new ideas to put into action.

Al.

Advertisement