Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DivX subtitle files

• 15-10-2002 1:30pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this, but does anyone know of a Windows application that will read subtitle (.sub) files?
    These are text-format subtitle files that can be read with some Mac software (3ivx I think) at the same time as an .avi file, but I've had no luck finding a Windows program to do the same.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This may be of some help - it's a DirectShow filter so should work in WMP. Just ignore the stuff on the page on how to create them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Cheers Sceptre :)
    I also found a program called BSPlay (www.bsplayer.com) which
    does the trick nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

direct vobsub is nicer because it'll work in media player - plus it'll auto load the sub file if it's named the same as the movie(well with.sub on the end instead of .avi ;) )

Advertisement