Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia Software (was o2 a 'very-badly run company')

• 15-10-2002 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

...Buggy Software

press

*#0000# on your keypad

see what the o/s version is

If its 3.something get it flashed immediately

Generally a version 5. something means you have a stable and not too buggy version of the phone

me 6210 is flashed to 5.37 , version 3.nn was a nightmare

never again

M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Hrmphf ...
    Version 4.00 ... methinks I'll have to visit the nokia place in Cork..., but I have never done that before... :(
    Do they charge for the update?, will I lose messages or phone numbers?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Thread split as it went WAY OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

change the subject of this one then? 'buggy nokia' or the like. Seeing double on the wireless page atm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Changed; thought I was seeing double too! ;)

Brendan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by Muck
    ...Buggy Software

press

*#0000# on your keypad

Generally a version 5. something means you have a stable and not too buggy version of the phone

never again

M

Muck I wanted an upgrade so that I could use" upload to PC type software" which demanded a more recent version. Mine is 4.77.

Anyway i contacted Nokia Dublin who refered me to their Cork office. I was told that they have been having problems recently, that 3 out of every 5 upgrades fail, that any upgrade would be at my own risk and that they strongly advised against it. And that if the upgrade failed the phone would be useless (can't flash unless working firmware already in place) and it would be entirly my responsibility to replace the phone.

Needless to say i stayed away from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by bkehoe
    Changed; thought I was seeing double too! ;)
    Upps, forgot that :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Originally posted by Muck
    ...Buggy Software

press

*#0000# on your keypad

never again

M

I'd be happy to upgrade to 5.xx+ for my 7650 but it doesn't exist :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Give the MPRC(Mobile Phone Repair Company) in Sandyford Ind. Est. Dublin a ring. They do software upgrades but I dont know whether u have to pay for them. The number is 01-2950907 or visit them online @ http://www.mprc.ie/mprc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭XbLaDe

Originally posted by kevinmcc
    Give the MPRC(Mobile Phone Repair Company) in Sandyford Ind. Est. Dublin a ring. They do software upgrades but I dont know whether u have to pay for them. The number is 01-2950907 or visit them online @ http://www.mprc.ie/mprc

You dont have to pay for a software upgrade if your phone is still in warranty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement