Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2/av/hi fi/no hi fi sound = me sad

Options
  • 15-10-2002 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

It would appear that there's no 'loop-through' on the SCART system. i.e. The TV internal TV tuner can output via SCART, but input via one SCART socket cannot then be output via the other.

Another potential problem you may be encountering is if the phono-SCART convertor is hard wired to either INPUT signals or OUTPUT signals. I have a little convertor thingy that allows me to select either INPUT or OUTPUT. However, i bought an A/V cable pack that has some SCART sockets with phono leads wired to the OUTPUT pins, and another with phono's to the INPUT ones, if your Playstation 2 is pumping out a signal to the TV's INPUT pins then you aren't going to get much joy. However, there might be some leakage to the INPUT stage if the signal is strong enough, which might explain why you get some sound when the TV volume is turned up high.

Provide the following, if you have time:

-What SCART convertors are you using?
    -What make/model of TV?
    -Does your existing PS2 setup play acceptably (i.e. picture + sound) when you use it with your existing SCART convertor on another TV.
    -What happens if you reverse the SCART leads on the TV?
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

And if all else fails just plug the red and white phono's coming from the ps2 directly in to the hifi. If the hifi can take 2 sets of inputs then youre flying.

Otherwise get a splitter (to do the opposite in this case but it should still work) or switch them over manually everytime you want to watch a dvd or play a game.

Or if your hifi will take it plug the optical out of your ps2 into the hifi and forget all the rest i said.

Advertisement