Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland match

• 16-10-2002 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

does anyone think mccarthy will play oshea tonight, that would mean benching cuningham

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

I can't see it happening tbh. I would love to see O'Shea start.

Maybe Mick will push Gary Kelly up to the right of midfield and have O'Shea play at right back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭JessieG

yeah that would be something hes not bad playing there either. woudl love to see the lad start though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Heard some worrying news that Lee Carsley will start in Midfield!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

hopefully mr kelly will have an accident b4 the match

like an "oops i impaled myself on this corner flag" accident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Should keep Cunningham, drop Breen and play O Shea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭JessieG

"hmmm your theories interest me and i would like to subscribe to your newsletter" :p

ahhh homer you'll save us all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The latest is that Carsley will start on the right, presumably with Kilbane on the left. This is nothing short of tomfoolery, I don't particularly want to attend a comedy show tonight but I have a feeling I will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Believe it or not theres strong Talk of O Shea starting Tonite,either in Centre Half,Cunningham on the right where he plays for his club or vice versa.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I hear the Comedy Channel have picked the Irish Team for tonite

Given
    Finnan
    Breen
    Cunningham
    Harte
    Carsley
    Holland
    Kinsella
    Kilbane
    Duff
    Keane

That is the team he will go with for sure.

The team he will end up with at the end of the match should be interesting as he will realise that Kilbane is getting no where, sub morrision, duff to the left

Carsley is a clown - healy on the right and that either Cunningham or Breen were to blame for the goal sub O'Shea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

CARSLEY this is getting worse, whats that Twilight Zone music going in the background.

What next Terry Phelan returns for Ireland with Chris Morris..........................................................................

Maybe its a good thing that the match is not been shown on terristial TV live tonight.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I hear that Mcfarty is investigating if Massimo Taibi has Irish grandparents.

Sorry I meant to tell ye that Terry "the rat" Phelan is back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Believe it or not theres strong Talk of O Shea starting Tonite,either in Centre Half,Cunningham on the right where he plays for his club or vice versa.

yeah, i something like that in the Evening Herald yesterday. If McCarthy doesnt drop Breen then maybe the next best thing is to play Cunningham in his best position(RB), play O'Shea centre and subsequently Kelly will play RightMid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Congoose

Not that I trust their judgement, but here's the probable team listed on the FAI site. I'd say it's a reasonable guess:

Republic of Ireland : Given (Newcastle); O'Shea (Manchester Utd.), Cunningham (Birmingham), Breen (West Ham); Harte (Leeds); Kellly (Leeds), Holland (Ipswich), Kinsella (Aston Villa), Kilbane (Sunderland); Duff (Blackburn), Keane (Tottenham).

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Not a bad Team,apart from Kilbane.

Advertisement