Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Documentation for a used car?

Options
  • 16-10-2002 11:20am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What type of documentation should you get with new cars if you get them in a garage? I hear that there isn't a log book as such any more?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭highlight

There's two forms. One is the Vehicle Licensing Certificate (which is the thing you send away to the tax office) and this has the name of the old owner on it. You must have this one.

The other one, AFAIK while nice to have is not mandatory. That's the Vehicle Registration Certificate, and refers to the car rather than to the old owner.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Thanks, the girlfriend's da picked up the car yesterday, I'm assuming he collected that with the car, as i don't have it yet.

Advertisement