Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win 98: Switching off individual login

• 16-10-2002 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

I recently resurrected an old pc that had win98 on it, and when you start up it asks you for a username and password.

Though I can easily cancel to go to the default/none login, or make a new user, I want to switch off the option altogether so that it goes straight to the default without asking for a username/password. Any ideas? I had a look at control panel->users with no joy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Control Panel --> Network

You may have 'Client for Microsoft Networks' set up. Deactivate this. Also at startup, if you enter a username and just hit enter (ie no password), it stops asking for a username, afair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

thank you seamus, removing client for microsoft networks did the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭java

You could also delete the *.pwl files which stores the usernames and passwords.

Advertisement