Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 meeeelion ?

• 16-10-2002 2:03pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Due to the rework on the speed issues we've seen a big jump in the number of page impressions on the site.

So far this month we've recorded an average of 80,000 pages served a day during the week and 50,000 on the weekends (which just goes to show you are a bunch of workshy layabouts!)

Anyway, if this keeps up for the month, we'll break 2 Million page impressions for the first time ever in our history.

um... whoot! \o/

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by DeVore
    (which just goes to show you are a bunch of workshy layabouts!)

Now DeV I don't even pretend to be working here.....that is why they call me the sysadmin..... whatever the problem is ... I tell them it's a windows issue, that's why I'm a developer too... when ever the software crashes... I tell them it's a windows issue...... when the mail arrives late... I tell them it's a windows issue, then to throw them I randomly tell them the server needs to be rebooted... or sql server needs to have more memory allocated to it... .and so on

besides.... if I wasn't on boards I'd have to break things so I could fix them in order to look busy... so in a way spending copious amounts of time on boards helps this office.... at least this way, random boss type droids think all my typing is making them money.......

Yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Well, I think i'm after getting a helluvalot of I.T.Tralee student bums on it as they all saw me messing around one day. Monkey see monkey do.

I know I'm using it much more frequently...

So I blame no0life students, and lack of quality television. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

2,000,000 Jesus thats massive

You should throw up awstats and cronjob it to process the rather massive logs during the quiest period of the day.

They'd make for interesting reading ;)

if I wasn't on boards I'd have to break things so I could fix them in order to look busy

What you're really saying is that boards.ie is a proactive form of therapy for being a BOFH. I know you really want to break something or electrocute a few users for touching your hardware.

Maybe boards should apply for money from the Department Of Health as a form of alternative medicine.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We have a cron job that crunches the 150 megs-a-day logs into high quality data. The admins have access to it but we dont give out access to it because it has sensitive urls and data in the stats.

If anyone wants to know stats they generally ask here and we publish what is safe from the stats here regularly.

DeV.

I see what you mean.

But it would be nice to see a few hits, visits & transfer stats for the server. But it does give sensitive info and the time taken to configure it not to show the other stuff would be a workload on the admin team.

150 Megs of logs is one hell of a lot per day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by DeVore

So far this month we've recorded an average of 80,000 pages served a day during the week and 50,000 on the weekends

And thats just Typedefs nice propoganda....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

flamewars.jpg

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Leeroy, we often do that (there are some old posts in Admin about "stats" if you wanted to search for them). The stats arent very interesting though, apart from page impressions and one or two other things, so we just cut and paste them here...

We'll be doing it again Real Soon Now[tm]

DeV.

I've seen a lot of the occasional stats about Boards.

My point was that it would be nice to be able to see the awstats graphs over time.

mrtg perchance ? ;) (Only joking, you've got enough to do)

hehe ironically Regi spent a load of time this week sticking that on the server. So we're currently monitoring it like the parents of a new born... aw, look, it spiked again...

We may release such stats, depends what Xor and Regi think.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

mrtg graphs shortly :)

Advertisement