Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Music Network

Options
  • 16-10-2002 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey all,

The Irish Music Network is Ireland's first and biggest Irish music industry database. Whatever you need we should have it here.

The best part is that we offer all our services for free.

We have only been up and running for about a week now, and we are seeking your support.

All the features of the IMN can be reached from our homepage. So we hope you enjoy looking around the IMN and come back real soon.

Please feel free to post or e-mail me, and tell me what you think about the site, what could be improved on, or just what you would like to see on the site.

The IMN Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Buy a real domain then you could probably taken more seriously. This isnt anything to do with webdesign / development so it could be seen as a ad in which case I'm sure you would pay boards.ie for :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ztaggart

I appreciate your reply.

The post was not a way of receiving free advertisement. It was mainly to ask fellow designers/programmers what they thought of the site.

If you visit the site, I am sure you will notice there is alot of heavy duty DHTML going on amoung other things which does have to do with webmastering in a big way. I was asking for opinions on the site not money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

1) get rid of the flash intro, it serves no purpose
    2) get a proper domain, I really hate pop ups
    3) lose the dhtml menu
    4) rethink the layout, that dhtml menu is really starting to annoy me
    5) the menu itself does not give any indication whether some option has a sub folder beneath it
    6) the homepage, blarggh, way too long for my personal liking

if i was to do the site, i would push towards using a tabled layout, so that names & addresses could be listed side by side, instead of a single long line of information.

with the amount of information contained in the site ( and there is a lot) I would probably use a combination of PHP/mySQL, and maybe a little bit dhtml, for minor stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

The Flash intro is not of any use, the games section getting a whole seperate section / link seems rather pointless and the design is a tad bland

for a start may I just say that this is the first version of the site and I do realise that it needs a few adjustments.

1. There is no flash intro, it is actually swish. This serves a valueable purpose. While you are viewing this intro, the other files are being downloaded so when you enter the site it takes no time at all to jump from page to page.

2. Perhaps the DHTML menu is a bit before its time, but I have put it through testing and you are the only ones to have negative feed back about it.

3. I do agree with the comments about the homepage and the database. Unfortunately that is my partners responsibility. I am in the process changing the design so that will improve with time.

4. We are in the process of buying "real" domains so that will also change.

5. Considering there is only one other site that is in the same league as us, HotPress, which may I add, you have to pay for, I think this site, with a few adjustments is quite good.

Oh yes, we WILL be keeping the DHTML navigation system.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

1. There is no flash intro, it is actually swish.

Which uses the Flash player. So it's Flash.

This serves a valueable purpose. While you are viewing this intro, the other files are being downloaded so when you enter the site it takes no time at all to jump from page to page.

There's no need to be shy, just come out and say you wanted a flashy intro. We won't hurt you. Honest.

adam

To be perfectly honest I dont like the swish. However, I do have a partner whom has different ideas. I have had many arguments with him about this and other design concepts. At this point in time all I can say is that I am working on it.

On the other hand, the site is already very successful, so maybe you are wrong.

Advertisement