Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

peer review 2

Options
  • 16-10-2002 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

http://vertigo.irishfreelance.com/

Initial design just plain sucked, however been working on a new idea, so please criticise to your hearts content, and enjoy the boards.ie feed that I have going through the site aswell

* before anyone point it out, yes I am already aware that the site, looks awful when the screen size is pushed over 1024 x 768 and there appear to be netscape issues, these are being worked on at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Initial impressions are good but the arrows for navigating in the window were a bit small, and the scroll rate was a bit fast...
    Do you have a flash version of your logo that spins once every five or ten seconds? it may look better than the gif (i.e. when people think of vertigo they think of falling down, the spin will give a 3d effect)...

[Nitpick]I saw a mispelling as well ... you used aide instead of aid[/Nitpick]

heehee:D I just noticed "Peer Review" (my mind blanked it out the first time I read it) .. As I do not consider myself to be a peer of anyone (especially in site design) you should ignore the above ... except the spelling bit.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

- Nice use of modern techniques without being tacky!!
    - A bit lonely looking at 1024x768
    - Opera is a no-no
    - I'm not sure of the design benefits of forcing the size of the content layer/panel. I really hate having to scroll to view text when there is more than twice the room needed to display it in my browser window, just that I've been forced to view it at those dimensions. Maybe that's just a pet hate, and some design principles say otherwise. It does look neat alright, and non-cluttered (and perhaps a bit too much so in this case), but there has to be a balance, I think .. but (again) that's just opinion.
    - The overall impression is nice and clutter-free which I guess is what you're aiming at. Nice and Simple!

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

Its a groove

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Originally posted by manonthemoon
    Its a groove

so that means you like it, u really like it!!!!!!!

just added aswell a bog standard website for those who dont have scripting options (for the older browser), but it is very limited in that you can only see portfolio and various other bits and bobs, no news and no forums. I might set up a browser detection thingy for opera and so forth, but then again I might just create a third seperate site for opera so that everyone can enjoy the goodness*

* good idea or bad idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

so that means you like it, u really like it!!!!!!!

- Yep

• Advertisement
Advertisement