Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Well, that was blinkin marvellous! n/t

• 16-10-2002 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I dont beleive this....we're one of the best teams in the world...we almost got into the quater finals in the world cup, and now our home record is shattered by.....switzerland.

Good riddence McCarthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

We were going to have a hard time qualifying before tonight , but alas im afrad it's going to be an amazingly difficult task. Mick should now step down he has done as well as he could have hoped for after taking over nearly 7 years ago, which is a damn good run as an international manager. He had the hard task of taking on an inexperienced and aging squad from Jack and did well turning the team into a formidable force. But alas imho he must now call it a day.

Also it should be noted the players didnt exactly do amazingly well tonight and the prior game. For all the Roy boys sure we can appoint him and have him play in goal , defense , midfield and upfront as well sure :rolleyes:

If one good thing has come from this result tonight it'll be that all the blowin fairweatehr supporters might feck off and free up seats for the genuine fans who have gone and supported through thick and thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

worst episode ever.............

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The refereeing was absolutely woeful though, yis have to admit.

TWICE! Robbie Keane was called for offside, when he was blatantly onside and clear on goal. I reckon the linesman wasn't watching and raised his flag when he realised he wasn't sure whether Robbie was onside or not. He should be disciplined for those woeful calls. I'm not surprised Keane was so frustrated at the end.

But yes, Ireland did play quite poorly, esp Harte. Too many fvcked up crossing for my liking.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

horrible horrible horrible ................

but every cloud has a silver lining and this one is no different - Gary Breen is becoming a prolific Goalscorer...................2 goals in four games.....................woohoo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Originally posted by seamus

But yes, Ireland did play quite poorly, esp Harte. Too many fvcked up crossing for my liking.....

Um eh um, just because someone doesn't manage to get their head to a ball DOES not mean it was a poor delivery get a clue please, there was no movement in the box when half of those crosses came in, even the commentators blatently pointed this out again and again.

yes he made some poor defensive errors, imo i think he should be given a chance as more of a supportive role for Duff.(the only decent spell the irish had was when it was all coming up the left wing, from harte and Duff) and yes some of his crosses were not great but the majority of them were good.

He had good and bad moments, Harte's biggest flaw is the fact that he does not seem to be capable of hitting the ball comfortably on his right foot, which any defender should be able to do.

There is criticism to be made but the least you can do is get it right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

I reckon Harte hung some brilliant crosses....
    Keanes fluffed header and our goal were both results of hartes crosses. As well as a flap from Kilbane....
    Harte is a good offensive player, he just can't defend. Which isn't good if you're a defender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I thought Harte was one of our better players on the night, and our best defender. Funny how different people can read the same game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

>we're one of the best teams in the world

Em, well, right, anyway, to take issue with somehting else, Robbie Keane's attitude was way off last Wednesady, and he was offside fairly for most of those. He missed sitters, and like I said, his attitude stinks. He is one of our most valuabe players, but people should'nt worship him blindly.

I thought Robbie played alright in fairness. I notice you like to slate O Leary as well, is this some thing against ex Leeds staff. I think you are being very harsh on both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I set out clear reasons why I slate O Leary. I don't rate him as a coach, the evidence backs me up on this one.

I criticise Robbie Keane as I think he is giving less than 100% recently. His attitude is wrong, and he cannot transform his club form to international level. Something is wrong, and it can't be all McCarthy's fault. Robbie Keane is a little over-rated and needs a big man up there with him. Duff isn't his ideal foil, but thats no excuse for squandering at least two decent chances last Wednesday.

Apart from that, I don't like Leeds United as a club. However my dislike for David O Leary and my criticism of Robbie Keane are unrelated to this.

Actually you have never answered me when I have questioned you about your opinion on Oleary and the evidence you spoke of is not at all obvious to me. I also reckon you are being very harsh on Robbie Keane who in the Russia match looked like one of the few player who gave a toss about the result. Questioning his attitude and ability because he missed a couple of half chances is a bit harsh I think. Especially if the chances you are talking about are the one that hit his knee after coming over a player right in front of him unexpectedly, and his shot after going too wide carrying the ball around the keeper. I thought he did the right thing having a go in that instance as Duff was marked in the middle, he was just unlucky to scrape the wrong side of the post.

Advertisement