Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McCarthy has to go

Options
  • 16-10-2002 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Mick , you're ****. Go back to Barnsley. As a genuine irish man once said to McCarthy "you're not even irish you english **** !"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭JAFO

2-1 to SWITZERLAND!!.... and He STILL won't do the decent thing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

i think this hsould stay on this board because it is kind of a thing that everyone knows about and can be used for general discussion anyway he really should go and let someone who knows what they r doing come in and take over.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

he should resign with dignity but i still respect the IRISH man,
    he's served us well as player and manager, he was a big
    influence in my most memorable world cup moments and he
    didn't let us down. It's a sad situation but even if Roy came
    back under a new manager, qualification is now unlikely and
    if he's not injured/retired, Roy will be 35 if we get to the next World Cup. I'm afraid, it's all gone pear-shaped.

exactly knobbles he is starting to let everyone down he shuould resign now and be remembered for getting us to this years world cup not failing to get us to the european championships

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

OK so who would take over.....???? Think about that first before you start loadin the gun. Sacking Tommy the tyke doesnt instantly mean you will qualify.

They (the players) fecked up last nite, not him, apart from him takin blame for 1st goal in an effort to push forward.

I think you should stick with him, he is gonna leave when inevitable happens, ie ..they dont qualify so why not get behind him...remember Korea/Japan....wasnt that long ago.

....i've supported him the past few months and still respect him but, with qualification now a long shot, it might be more sensible to get a new manager in and give him a years experience before the world cup qualifiers begin in 2 years. The only realistic chance
    of getting top 2 in this group is winning the remaining 6 games
    and that's unrealistic unless we have Roy Keane playing.
    Again, I feel sorry for Mick but the team needs him playing.

....and to answer your first question, Dave O'Leary
    would take the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

GET RID OF MICK AND TAKE IN ROY!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 eric the head

Thats a good idea. Roy Keane as player/manager. Send McCarthy on the slow boat to china and take Kilbane, Harte and Breen with him !!!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Thats a stupid idea!!!!

Roy Keane wouldn't be a good player manager he's too volatile and like i said on the soccer board we need an experienced manager im not sayin O'Leary but someone with enough experience managing a top premiership quality side. Mick was not really a suitable candidate as his previous position as Millwall manager was not particularly fruitful so i was a bit surprised at the time with the decision of the FAI. McCArthy did well to get us to the World cup but i feel that was mainly down to the sheer guts and determination of the players!

He's been criticised in the past for some dodgy decisions but has failed to learn from them. I think its time to bring in someone with proven tactical planning abilities and put the team to good use. Roy Keane is definitely not the answer and what good would he have done us last nite??!! if he was still in the good books chances are he would hav been injured anyway so the stupidity of people in relation to that is a bit astonishing!

Its a bit late and i cant really think straight so ill clarify my points properly tomorrow!

Nite!

I was trying to be funny after all the crap we've read about in the lat 3 months

TRY HARDER!

I don't have to...You know I'm the funniest guy you know!!!!!

she mustn't know many guys then Tom hahahaha ;)

She knows you!!!!!!:D :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

in all honesty now he doesn't have that good a team to pick from maybe duff,robbie keane andharte but look at the others their not a really inspirational squad to say the least

Originally posted by johnnynolegs
    she mustn't know many guys then Tom hahahaha ;)

What the F**k?!!!!!!!!! i think i know more about soccer than an awful lot of the people postin on this thing!!!!

tom seriously you're not f***ing funny in the slightest!!!!!!

Ah,come on Amz....you seem to be getting a bit touchy there.
    I'm not doubting your football knowledge at all,it's just that I'm sick to the teeth listening to this McCarthy saga...it's actually quite boring now listening to peoples opinion on the bloke!!!

Advertisement