Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First UTVip Internet Phone Bill / Charges

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

UTV uses a Dublin based banking system for the processing of credit cards. If you can bear with us until Monday (yes, no bank holiday for us , we'll get it sorted for you.

Kind regards

Scott Taunton
    UTVi

Scott, does that mean you're on to my problem or that I'll have to phone Sharon at UTV on Monday?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Scott Taunton
    UTV uses a Dublin based banking system for the processing of credit cards. If you can bear with us until Monday (yes, no bank holiday for us :( , we'll get it sorted for you
    UTVi

with no bank holiday for utv, does that mean we cant use utvip flat rate during monday day?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by ando
    with no bank holiday for utv, does that mean we cant use utvip flat rate during monday day?

Yes it does.

Go back through the thread or read UTVIP's FAQ on their site for details on bank/public holidays. You wouldn't be using it anyway. Small price to pay and all that

edit: Things have changed (for the better) it seems:

Q: What are the off-peak hours for UTVip?

A: Off-peak times are 6pm to 7.59am Monday to Thursday, and from 6pm on Fridays to 7.59am Monday mornings. Public holidays are also classified as off-peak times:- New Years Day, St. Patrick`s Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, May Day, 5th August, 28th October, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
    UTVip and UTVip Lite users can dial into the service knowing that they will not be charged for the call as this will be counted as part of their 30 or 150 hours off-peak usage.
    (as posted by Kaiser2000 here) and mentioned by Malcolm Thompson in the same thread

Nice one UTV!

Just to up-date those who might have been wondering...

I just recived my e-mails and got this!-

Date:
    Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:53:10 +0100

Ref: ******

The payment for your UTVip account has been declined.

Please contact us at your earliest convenience to arrange payment.

Regards

Sharon Bryans
    UTV Internet Ltd
    www.u.tv
    (NI) 0845 2470000
    (ROI) 1890 926000

I'm supposed to by paying by credit card which I know is valid as I've used it since. Strange, and Sharon has no doubt gone for her tae by now...

It turns out my (old) credit card had expired between giving the number and it being processed, silly me. I should have used the new one....:p

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Muirthile

My credit card hasn't been charged yet and I haven't received any emails saying it was declined. Has everyone not been charged yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

I'm still curious on how the bills are payed? Utv took my credit card details down when I signed up, do they take the money out of my credit card every month? like direct debit? or do i have to call up every month and pay myself over the phone?

I presume your credit card debits your current account every month. You'll see the ammount on the credit card "bill" and on your bank statement.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

150 hours per month, but does the month start at the same time for all of us (on utvip) or from the activation date?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

150 hours per month, but does the month start at the same time for all of us (on utvip) or from the activation date?

1st of the month for all of us m8, I emailed them asking that a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Quote:

1st of the month for all of us m8, I emailed them asking that a few days ago.

Thanks Rags

• Advertisement
Advertisement